©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Aspiration tech

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
There are those of us who've had the cough, and those of us that will get it. Aspiration is the best way to avoid it. But what are the finer points?

By trial and error, along with some actual reading of non-forum information, I have compiled this list of ideas to improve the success of your pins:

1. Always aspirate! Keep the bubbles big for at least 5 seconds.
2. Especially when using smaller gauge pins, don't push the oil into the needle when you load the syringe. Leave the needle itself empty of oil so blood can flow in easily and you'll know if you land in a vein or artery
3. Use your other hand to stabilize the depth of the needle insertion so it doesn't move in and out as you inject
4. Pull back ever so slightly on the plunger after waiting 10 seconds or so at the end of the injection before removing the needle. This reduces the pressure of the depot and will make it less likely to push oil into a vein or artery you passed through on the way in
5. Immediately massage the area firmly to take the holes through the tissues out of alignment and prevent the oil making its way out

Got a big load of blood today in a pin full of npp and tne. That would have SUCKED!

That's it. Happy pinning!

Austinite

May 10, 2013
Very nice post. I agree, everyone must always aspirate.

I'm curious however. What do you mean by "Keep the bubbles big for at least 5 seconds"? Do you mean the void that enters the barrel? If so, why?

Like alin said, I inject very slow. I've never experienced a cough.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Very nice post. I agree, everyone must always aspirate.

I'm curious however. What do you mean by "Keep the bubbles big for at least 5 seconds"? Do you mean the void that enters the barrel? If so, why?

Like alin said, I inject very slow. I've never experienced a cough.

Yes, the void in the barrell. It's not actually entering, its tiny, previously unseeable bubbles getting bigger because they're now in a vacuum (lower pressure.) when you pull back on the plunger and you see the bubbles (good sign-not blood,) you should give it 5 seconds to be sure the needle isn't plugged with oil, making it seem like it's all good.

If you've ever loaded a syringe through a 25g needle, you know that it is s-l-o-w. There's no reason it should be faster to pull that same oil through that same needle just cause it's stuck in your ass instead of a vial.

Glad you've been successful with injecting very slowly. I haven't been.

My girl usually injects me, and takes plenty of time, but there have been a couple times when I feel that itching coming on...if the end of the needle lands right in the middle of an artery or vein, it doesn't matter how slowly you inject. It's now intravenous, not intramuscular.

Austinite

May 10, 2013
Interesting.

I purposely draw air into the syringe before injecting. So there is never a chance of oil in the needle.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Interesting.

I purposely draw air into the syringe before injecting. So there is never a chance of oil in the needle.

great point.
i never heard of this until recently. always thought u had to get all air out.
but this way is good when the pin is up n dwn(bubble rises to top).
some injects though...bubble dont rise(gravity...duh!) lol

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Nice I load up the pin the tho cause the size I use. No room to aspirate.

Austinite

May 10, 2013
great point.
i never heard of this until recently. always thought u had to get all air out.
but this way is good when the pin is up n dwn(bubble rises to top).
some injects though...bubble dont rise(gravity...duh!) lol

Correct. And Injecting air is not harmful whatsoever. :)

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
When you get a cough- it has nothing to do with being in a vein or an artery. It almost always has to do with blood vessels. That's usually what the slight a oohing cough is-

If you even got the slightest amount of oil in a vein- you cough so violently the it would drop you to the floor. I accidentally pushed maybe a .2 mls into a vein once and I seriously thought I might have to call 911 after feeling like I could die for the first few minutes. I was on the floor hacking up a lung pretty bad!

Last edited:

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
I pinned friday pulled back no blood started injection injected really slow soon as I pulled out lungs started to tighten and burn started about a 5 minute coughing fit where I almost couldnt catch my breath my god it sucked havent had that happen in years. Only thing i can figure is i caught something on the way out.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I normally just draw and pin. I've injected into a vein several times. Like said, coughing, soaking wet in sweat, etc. it's a bad feeling.

Oddly, last time I aspirated this happened. I'm guessing I moved the needle slightly.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I normally just draw and pin. I've injected into a vein several times. Like said, coughing, soaking wet in sweat, etc. it's a bad feeling.

Oddly, last time I aspirated this happened. I'm guessing I moved the needle slightly.

And you didn't learn the first time!?!?!? LoL ?

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
And you didn't learn the first time!?!?!? LoL ?

i use to ALWAYS aspirate...but i hardly ever do now. only time i do is in quads.
plus ive been usin slin pins. i dnt aspirate with glutes(not slin) or arms anymore. never had an issue. buuuuut....im not saying my way is the right way...so make sure you aspirate ppl. its safer(i guess) lol

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I get the cough about once a year. My yearly vein hit happened two weeks ago in my right quad. Freaking sucks...

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I have found using a slower injecting technique(1min or so) helps me avoid it totally.

I think there is truth to this. As soon as I went to tren in a slin pin I was never hit again. Previous to this I had to quit tren. That makes for a tuff prep every time.

CG

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
When you get a cough- it has nothing to do with being in a vein or an artery. It almost always has to do with blood vessels. That's usually what the slight a oohing cough is-

If you even got the slightest amount of oil in a vein- you cough so violently the it would drop you to the floor. I accidentally pushed maybe a .2 mls into a vein once and I seriously thought I might have to call 911 after feeling like I could die for the first few minutes. I was on the floor hacking up a lung pretty bad!

I must be lucky, because I've never gotten a really bad tren cough.