©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Small Frames

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
So, i've taken 6 cycles now, and about to start the 7th.

I have a smaller frame naturally. It seems whenever i push above the 8 rep range for too long, i begin to cut and lost size, even when not doing any cardio.

I was thinking of staying on the mass routine and keeping a variety of ranges and exorcises all below 10 reps max.

The larger frame guys can afford to test the high rep range it seems, what about us smaller frame or body shapes by genetics, how do we maintain the size we eat and lift our heart out to get?

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
If you eat well... And lift more weight for 8 than last time. No difference than lifting more form 12 than last time. Eat, progress, rest, repeat

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

I have a smaller frame naturally. It seems whenever i push above the 8 rep range for too long, i begin to cut and lost size, even when not doing any cardio.

I was thinking of staying on the mass routine and keeping a variety of ranges and exorcises all below 10 reps max.

The larger frame guys can afford to test the high rep range it seems, what about us smaller frame or body shapes by genetics, how do we maintain the size we eat and lift our heart out to get?

You may need to experiment and see what works best for you. We all differ. If your losing size,,,you need more food.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007

I think a lot of guys come up with conclusions that are totally wrong. Can you honestly say you know exactly what you have ate for say the last 5 years? I think most (me included) don't know what we exactly ate (far from it for me :eek:) when we changed training styles numerous times. Your simply eating less and need to eat more. Drugs your taking can have an effect too.

There are 1001 variables so don't think cos your doing 15 reps instead of 8 you are suddenly dropping more muscle. Sure if your training for longer and more intensely you will be burning more cals off so training can make a difference. But as others have highlighted you simply need to eat more and eat better to not lose size. Just adding your desired bf is important too as many underestimate how much they will lose to get ripped. It's hard for guys to shrink down and many may feel smaller than they actually are.

GeauxDATY

Jan 24, 2013
Regardless of the rep range if you're going all out and pounding the calories in the correct proportions you WILL grow.