©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

vasodialator/vasoconstrictor or clen?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I am goign to do a Spartan Race next Sat. It is up in a mountain and it requires Running up ski slopes. Now I am a very large 6' 1 290 lbs. I have been training now mostly by walking fast uphill and stair climber. I can keep my heart rate up at 150 steadily. However on these courses I find that I hit my Max at 170 easily and have trouble breathing. I am considering either the dnc stack from Mp but that is a vasocontrictor and I don't know if that is a good choice. I really like the Nyc stack and that opens up my nasal passages real well. But I think 20-40 mcgof clean might do the best job because its a bronchodialtor.
Any ideas? Experiences?
Btw- I am 17 ℅ Body fat right now and 46 years old. I am not trying to win just do my best. (And kick my brothers ass becuase hes a crossfitter and always preaching at me)I've done 2 already and Did fairly well except for breathing. I have always trained for power and size :love1: So this is new for me.
Just looking for a little help. Maybe I shouldnt use anything except my halo......

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Well the clen is going to give you energy, but it is going to jack up your heart rate as well and can make you feel pretty uncomfortable trying to conquer those obstacles.

Caffeine would be fine. Something like 200mg before the start. Some other things to consider are the things that help endurance athletes, such as beta alanine and citrulline malate and maybe even agmatine to help with blood flow. Add in some taurine to prevent cramping.

I'd stay away from anything that will get you over stimm'd or crank your HR up (like clen) and try to focus on things that will help with endurance.

A family memeber who races always does citrulline malate, BCAAs, taurine, glutamine, caffeine and arginine before the race and says it has brought her times down.

nasty1980

Mar 10, 2013
Albuterol.

I use to laugh at it , till i tried, clen without side-effects, much cleaner feeling, bit jittery but thats about it. Good for fat lose and i have asthma, makes me breathe clearer and better workouts.

FDA approved too, unlike clen (horses).

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Well the clen is going to give you energy, but it is going to jack up your heart rate as well and can make you feel pretty uncomfortable trying to conquer those obstacles.

Caffeine would be fine. Something like 200mg before the start. Some other things to consider are the things that help endurance athletes, such as beta alanine and citrulline malate and maybe even agmatine to help with blood flow. Add in some taurine to prevent cramping.

I'd stay away from anything that will get you over stimm'd or crank your HR up (like clen) and try to focus on things that will help with endurance.

A family memeber who races always does citrulline malate, BCAAs, taurine, glutamine, caffeine and arginine before the race and says it has brought her

times down.

Thanks. I had forgotten about clen and the increased heart rate. I don't need anything that will make it any higher already. I will look into the other items you mentioned. I already have glutamine, taurine and caffiene. Thanks bro.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Albuterol.

I use to laugh at it , till i tried, clen without side-effects, much cleaner feeling, bit jittery but thats about it. Good for fat lose and i have asthma, makes me breathe clearer and better workouts.

FDA approved too, unlike clen (horses).

I heard the same thing about it. Never tried it. I don't know if I can get my hands on it that soon. Thanks for the help.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I heard the same thing about it. Never tried it. I don't know if I can get my hands on it that soon. Thanks for the help.

Don't use Albuterol either...Yes it will allow you to breath easier but it crank your heart rate up!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Back pack a portable d-fib unit just in case cause I feel my heart reading this.
Albuerol inhaler is what I got for mild copd. Works like a champ and i only huff one time in a day. Beat your brother ass too. I like to when they pipe up with disrespect. Lol

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks Fella's I am gonna avoid any stims that will increase my heart rate. I am looking into the other things AtomAnt mentioned. I'll show them how a big man moves.

CM

IFBB Pro
Nov 1, 2012

Caffeine would be fine. Something like 200mg before the start. citrulline malate and maybe even agmatine to help with blood flow.

This is good advice
clen will rob your performance that day

Aquascutum828

Dec 25, 2012
Sweden
How did it go Bigbob?
I'm gonna do a race myself in September (1/9).
I'll really have to get going with my training now..

The race here is called "Tough Vikings" and is a mix between Spartan race (us) and Men's health survival of the fittest (uk).

Please share with your experience and the things atomant wrote (if you ever tried them).

Thanks!

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
How did it go Bigbob?
I'm gonna do a race myself in September (1/9).
I'll really have to get going with my training now..

The race here is called "Tough Vikings" and is a mix between Spartan race (us) and Men's health survival of the fittest (uk).

Please share with your experience and the things atomant wrote (if you ever tried them).

Thanks!

Hey, well I did good. Well out of the 196 people between 44-49 I was 129 in time. However I was average in the overall. I wasn't really going for winning anyway. I wanted to just do well. It really got me training harder. I did my usual lifting splits but I did a shitload of cardio. Stairclimber and treadmill steep incline jogging and walking. I did 90 minute workouts 4 times a week and 1 hour of that was cardio.
It was a bitch though. It was 92° and they made it harder by making us climb up mostly rocks. Then after a good 20 minutes of that there were obstacles waiting.
I threw up at the end :)
Atom was right. I used Caffiene and I got a NO supplement to drink before. My breathing was great. My heart was pounding the whole time so it wouldn't be a good idea to use anything that would get your heart rate up. That will happen all on its own.
I also took 2 halotestin before and that helped with the strength part. Gave one to my brother and he went home that night and had a fight with his GF and blamed me. What a pussy.

Last edited: