©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

fwbjohn Saying Hello and Thanks.

fwbjohn

May 14, 2013
Florida
Hello my name is John.
37 Y/O, 6'5" 265
Cut arms and legs but that damn beer belly! However I am down from 292 in just a few months with the help of some AS and Doctor Meds and from busting my ARSE. I have been working out hard now for 2+ years and am usually the strongest guy at our tiny gym. Of course being 6'5" does have it disadvantages...

I own and IT consulting business and Entrepreneur by trade. Not getting rich down here in FL., but we (wife and I) get by.

I have been lifting all my life and have played almost every sport up to a high school level. Then I ruptured some disks working out on my own at the High School Gym. That ruined my chances of playing Football pretty much anywhere. I made the top 100 recruits in the Nation 94-95, so that was a crushing blow.

I slipped out of working out for a couple years and then got back on and off again and on again... Usually due to work, women, alcohol and the like.

I have been back in to the scene for almost 3 years and I feel Great!

Im 37 and not getting any younger but looking big, need to shed some fat and I will be diesel.

Look forward to making new friends on this forum. I've got some experience with AS 2+ yrs.

Would really like to talk to some people my height and also people who may suffer from shoulder impingement syndrome, as well as tears in the rotator cuff.

Thanks to everyone and have a great day!

fwbjohn

fwbjohn

May 14, 2013
Florida
Thanks for the quick replies. I put up as much as I can with these injuries that I have "luckily" gotten. I guess that comes with age. The older I get the more pumped up I feel I need to be. Guess that is just the standard Self Image Directive that society has created (not a bad thing). My goal is to be 50 Years old (that gives me 13 years) and be a big MOFO, not competition big (maybe), but old dudes deserve some respect! I don't wish I was a teenager anymore because they are 99% idiots, but I have no regrets with the training I have had over the years. Muscle memory is the real deal. Just hate seeing these young kids 18-24 getting huge and working out 1/2 as much as I do, I also hate to see them Gearing Up when they already have the stuff to do it - built in. Don't touch AS till your mid to late 20's or later IMHO.

I do have low T and probably have for years. More than likely my "good" times at college (FL State.) and the following decade (having a good time, but still getting in and out of the Gym Scene) made my nuts numb like Homer Simpson's swimming in circles bumping into each other.

My wife is going through RA Nursing School and works for a good doctor that is all about Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement so that is great. Currently on Test Cyp 250/2weeks (even though I sneak one in here and there). That just gets me to "Normal" levels. I had the test of an 75 Y/O man! I highly suggest that everyone have their test levels checked before they move on to anything - actually you should have the full panel Test, T3, Estrogen, Cholesterol, Thyroid function, Liver Function, progesterone, etc. It's cheaper if you do it all at once. There is about 30 other things they test me for and I have not felt this good in years. I do have Blue Cross Insurance and that helps a lot.

I am currently on Anastrazole, Finasteride,Test Cyp, Armour Thyroid, Celexa (anxiety) and I take Body Fortress Protein from Walmart with some supps in it.
I also add to my shakes evey day ("NOW" Brand supps off Bodybuilding.com - cheaper than Amazon! - Lysine, Argonine, Tiny dose of Creatine (don't wanna blow up with water retention), Glutamine, Taurine (just started) - Then the OTC I have recently been taking is Omega 3, Super B Combo, Milk Thistle, Acidopholus, "Align" Probiotic, and some Walmart Multi Vitamins x 2 daily.

Well that's about it. Anyone have any comments or questions please send them my way as I have been wanting to be a part of the conversation (instead of just a reader) for years now.

Wish you all the best in your training Endeavors - I hope to be accepted into the community.

>>>Most important - be careful, don't lift more than your body can handle - For me, this sport is about making myself better, not about impressing others with a 450 bench. ALL of my injuries were do to the last couple reps with bad form. When you can't lift it with proper form you need to quit and take a break or drop the weight.

>>>It only takes ONE injury from ONE REP to put you out for a while! And that is the worst!!!<<<
Look forward to having discussion with all of you! Always happy to discuss my experience and learn from others.

Thanks, FWBJOHN

Last edited: