©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Love this site

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
I am glad to be a part of this site. I see some very helpful advice being given. I wish I was told about this site a month ago.

smikey

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
smikey211 said:
I am glad to be a part of this site. I see some very helpful advice being given. I wish I was told about this site a month ago.

smikey
:welcome: Great information and true professionals that can definitly help you get to where you want to go. Good luck.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Thanks, it's all my idea. I own it. No one knows this, but I'm really AnaSci. Yes, I'm the board administrator and DragonRider is my alter ego.

I'm just kidding, welcome to the board.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
A month ago? I basically stared shooting dumb and blind. Picture handing a 5 year old a loaded gun and saying "go play" . Well I feel like I was that kid!!!!!!!

smikey

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
smikey211 said:

This site sucks ass....theirs way better one's than this one....i only stay here because i have nothing else better to do with my freetime than help a horrible board................AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT....then PM me your bank information I need a loan. Just messing with you bro. WELCOME TO THE MOST INFORMATIVE BOARD ON ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ON THE NET.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
stats

Well, I'm 5'5" and 142 lbs. I've actually gained 7 lbs in the past month. I work out six days a week. switching up areas each day. Day1 Chest & biceps, Day 2 Legs , Day 3 Back & triceps. I am 25 years old and I work out anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 hrs at a time. Am I over doing it or should I change up mt routine?

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
smikey211 said:
Well, I'm 5'5" and 142 lbs. I've actually gained 7 lbs in the past month. I work out six days a week. switching up areas each day. Day1 Chest & biceps, Day 2 Legs , Day 3 Back & triceps. I am 25 years old and I work out anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 hrs at a time. Am I over doing it or should I change up mt routine?

Welcome bro! Now, what exactly do you do for your exercises on these workout days? Post your diet as well, diet is a very large part of bodybuilding.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
Diet?

Hell, I was told to eat all I could when I could while injecting test. And my work out is ;

On day 1 :

Flat Bench 4 sets 8-12 reps.
Incline bench " " " "
Decline Bench " " " "
Barbell Curls " " " "
Preacher Curls " " " "
Dips 4 sets of 15

On day 2:

Squats 4 sets 8-12 reps
Leg press " " " "
Leg extensions " " " "
Leg curls " " " "
calf raises " " " "

On day 3 :

Wide grip pull downs 4 sets 8-12 reps
seated rows " " " "
Dead lifts " " " "
shrugs " " " "
tricept press downs " " " "
scull crunchers " " " "
Pull ups 4 sets of 15

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Are you doing each bodypart once a week or are you working out 6 days a week?

On day 1 :

Incline bench " " " "
Decline Bench " " " "
Barbell Curls " " " "
Preacher Curls " " " "
Dips 4 sets of 15

The routine looks OK except for a few minor things. 1. You don't need more than 12 sets total for any bodypart. You have Bench, incline, decline and dips. 16 sets is overtraining. 2. I'm curious why you do 3 chest exercises then go to biceps and return to chest? I noticed you do the same thing for your back.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
Let me say again that on:

day 4 : repeat day1
day 5 : repeat day 2
day 6 : repeat day 3

day 7: rest.

the guy I get my gear from says I'm not resting enough. Is this true??

smikey

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
DragonRider said:
Are you doing each bodypart once a week or are you working out 6 days a week?

On day 1 :

Incline bench " " " "
Decline Bench " " " "
Barbell Curls " " " "
Preacher Curls " " " "
Dips 4 sets of 15

The routine looks OK except for a few minor things. 1. You don't need more than 12 sets total for any bodypart. You have Bench, incline, decline and dips. 16 sets is overtraining. 2. I'm curious why you do 3 chest exercises then go to biceps and return to chest? I noticed you do the same thing for your back.

Well , I didn't know it was a problem as long as worked the same areas in the same session. And as far as doing the 12 sets. I feel like I'm cheating if I only do two of each. What do you recomend?

thx

smikey

p.s. hit my thigh for the first time today. 6 hrs ago and just a little sore so far.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
my bad

smikey211 said:
Let me say again that on:

day 4 : repeat day1
day 5 : repeat day 2
day 6 : repeat day 3

day 7: rest.

the guy I get my gear from says I'm not resting enough. Is this true??

smikey
I'm sorry, I didn't say the first time did I . So yeah I work out 6 days a week in that order.

sorry again

smikey

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
smikey211 said:
I'm sorry, I didn't say the first time did I . So yeah I work out 6 days a week in that order.

sorry again

smikey
Yep, you are definitely overtraining. You have to keep a very important point in mind. Working out causes micro tears in the muscle cells. The muscle attempts to compensate by growing as it heals. Imagine for a second that you scrape your arm. Very soon a scab forms that bring tissue and nutrients to that area to bring about healing. If every morning when you woke up, you ripped the scab off, you could prevent healing indefinately.
You grow when you rest. Not when you work out. Working out too often is like continually tearing the scab off. In our impatient minds we think, if I can gain 10 pounds in a month buy working out 3 days a week, I could gain 20 by working out 6 days a week. Unfortunately that just isn't so. Our nervous system can only take so much. After that threshhold it is like writing bad checks on your checking account. You might still have checks, but you are out of money, so now you are actually going backward.

If you have access to workout facilities 7 days a week, my recommendation would be to do your current routine 3 days in a row, then take 2 days off and then repeat. So, you are doing a 3 and 2 schedule.
If you don't have access 7 days, then I would break the routine down farther so that you are working out 4 days a week and workout on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and Friday. Rest on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. JMHO