©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you reuse syringes?

Staylean

Jun 17, 2013
I'm curious if you Guys reuse your syringes, not the needles, but the syringe. If so, how do you make them sterile again?

Nattydread

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Jan 13, 2013
California
Never. Not worth the risk of infection to me. Also they are cheap as hell so why not load up on them so you will never need to reuse.

Staylean

Jun 17, 2013
They are cheap. I get them from a farming store outside of town. When I buy a lot I get looks. A friend got turned away... They are cheap though, I'll just go back and try to get some more.

pinpoint5

Apr 2, 2013
the mountains
Lol hell no.

Price of 100 syringes $30
Price of getting an abscess cut out $ I don't know because I spend the little extra cash on prep pads and new pins

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Lol hell no.

Price of 100 syringes $30
Price of getting an abscess cut out $ I don't know because I spend the little extra cash on prep pads and new pins

Best answer right here I've had abscesses cut out if both my arms from some bunk shit years ago. Its no fun to tell u that much I had infection from the same stuff in the exact same spot on both shoulders spend the extra money now and you won't have to worry about medical bills later. I'm pretty sure there's a sponsor on here or maybe its professional muscle you can get em at.
Best of luck
P

solegenius

Apr 10, 2013
I'll reuse a syringe to back fill slin pins but that's about it. Would never reuse a pin I stuck in myself.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
I'll reuse a syringe to back fill slin pins but that's about it. Would never reuse a pin I stuck in myself.

I thought about reusing to back fill, too.

I have tried, but I can't bring myself even to do this. I'm super paranoid about infection. What touched what, what's floating in the air, idk.

It's almost ridiculous, but I have never had an infection after hundreds of jabs, so ill just keep on like this.

To the OP: not recommended to reuse anything!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
They are cheap. I get them from a farming store outside of town. When I buy a lot I get looks. A friend got turned away... They are cheap though, I'll just go back and try to get some more.

Do you know an animal needle is not as sharp as one for
humans? They are a lesser grade because last time i knew my quaterhorse couldnt talk and say ouch...i did see a cow talk but that was from specialty mushroom tea..

No means no..dont rape a used needle with a gang poke.

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Funny this topic is brought up bc had a meetn w my tattoo buddy today and askd me the same thing and jst to hear his answer he said no u better not bc you can gve yourself all sort of nasty shit past n infection from old blood and if i remembr correctly he said thats exactly how u can give urself hep and if u havent gottn shit so far count ur blessings bc u cant see the crap thats microscopic and jst bc u cant see blood doesnt mean it aint there or in the needle tip

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
If you can't afford new syringes for every one time use no matter how many times a day you inject, you can't afford to be on gear

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
I will reuse for pep injects but only during one day or 3 shots never more than that. Only subq too never IM reusing.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
No, not only a possible infection. Also, after the first time you use that pin it gets dull. So why suffer with a dull pin that you have to hammer in? That leave more scar tissue as well.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I get a box of 100 BD brand 22ga 1" needles with 3cc syringes for about $12 at Sam's Club. That's 12 cents per syringe. When I notice my box of syringes is getting low, I just call em up and the pharmacist orders me another box, and I just pick them up when I go to buy my groceries.

Why take a chance to save .12 cents?

In a pinch, you can go to tractor supply company (if there's one in your area) and get the vet grade syringes and needles, but they are more expensive. They are hanging up in a display over by the horse and cow vet supplies. Still, a lot better than reusing.

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
and to illustrate what happens to that pin after you use it.

Attachments

• 2328527271_5e2fd3f25e.jpg
    2328527271_5e2fd3f25e.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 94

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I get a box of 100 BD brand 22ga 1" needles with 3cc syringes for about $12 at Sam's Club. That's 12 cents per syringe. When I notice my box of syringes is getting low, I just call em up and the pharmacist orders me another box, and I just pick them up when I go to buy my groceries.

Why take a chance to save .12 cents?

In a pinch, you can go to TRACTOR SUPPLY company (if there's one in your area) and get the vet grade syringes and needles, but they are more expensive. They are hanging up in a display over by the horse and cow vet supplies. Still, a lot better than reusing.

Here's chris guys headed for pins.!
Kenny Chesney- She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - YouTube

Brick I was postin that at same time.. Old brains think alike brutha.. Ib