©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

sub q?

phineas

Jun 29, 2013
anyone here ever do subcutaneous injections with oil based steroids. I saw a video where a medical doctor injects himself with testosterone cypionate sub q, and he claims it helps to keep levels stable.

I think it requires eod injections but less tissue trauma and no sore muscles, essentially using an insulin needle or a 25 or 26

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98LOFQwUGA

Populus54

Mar 8, 2013
Boston MA
Frequency of injects is what keeps your blood plasma levels stable. Subq hurts I ran out of space when I was doing it. Welts everywhere. I actually started my current cycle subq-ing tres sus and test prop after a month I had enough. No one could touch me because it hurt and it looked like cottage cheese. Maybe someone else had a better experience

Last edited:

solegenius

Apr 10, 2013
Tried it and got bruising around injection site. Those bruises lasted more than a week so I quickly stopped. Didn't have this issue with peps so i'm guessing subq oil causes more irritation.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Na man that shit sucks and is painful plus it's hard sucking thick oils through a 27g needle

Backload insulin syringes. Most any good quality gear will flow out of even a 30g needle.

Those freaking welts do suck, though, and hurt. Give me a little deep muscle soreness over that any day.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Docs got a nice tan for sure..
Some trt clinics will do anything they can to sell a 200$ 10ml cyp..So when billy bob faints after seeing a 1" 25 g for im injection out comes Doc who doesnt want to lose a customerf showing a 5/8 30 g he fills 1/2 cc , sells a tube a lidocane cream, rubs the pin area..pinches the now numb skin and billy bob says il take 5 jugs for 1000...as the Doc smile with a fat wallet..it works but low mg and ml ..

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I've done it before and am not really a big fan of it. I do like IM injects with a slin pin. Those work pretty darned good for me. For now, I am just pinning the old fashioned way, deep into the quad or glute (preferred method).

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I've done it before and am not really a big fan of it. I do like IM injects with a slin pin. Those work pretty darned good for me. For now, I am just pinning the old fashioned way, deep into the quad or glute (preferred method).

Do you use 1/2" slin pins?

Austinite

May 10, 2013
SubQ is the best delivery method for TRT patients. The reason some folks experience painful lumps, is because they're injecting too much volume. Anything over .5 CC will cause issues. Furthermore; UGL gear is a terrible choice due to viscosity. I use a 29 gauge with Pfizer Cyp with no issues.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
SubQ is the best delivery method for TRT patients. The reason some folks experience painful lumps, is because they're injecting too much volume. Anything over .5 CC will cause issues. Furthermore; UGL gear is a terrible choice due to viscosity. I use a 29 gauge with Pfizer Cyp with no issues.

Yes, I I'm doing 20 mg prop daily sub q and no trouble. Past 1/2 CC it gets annoying. Great success thus far.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Idk how much fat is on you, but .5cc under my skin makes me look like I've got a maggot living in there. Viscosity is not an issue, either, the gear I've got is top notch and very thin, flowing through a 30g slin pin almost as easily as peptides or insulin.

I have a feeling it's an experience that varies considerably from person to person, even with the same compounds/needles/quantities/etc.

Populus54

Mar 8, 2013
Boston MA

Really it's the best delivery method. How come everyone I know is prescribed IM. Why is it the best delivery method? I just wondering really. I ask because what I have read as far as medical reports go is that IM injections are more rapidly absorb and are more efficiently absorb.

Last edited:

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
The difference in absorbtion is small. IM is the preferred method of HRT as you can get a full 1-2 week dose in a single shot, with subq you cant pin 1ml all at once. Subq split into 3-5 injects is easy and a good way of administration but honestly there is hardly a difference that matters unless the half life of the compound is 3-4 hours. I even do suspension subq sometimes and trust me...I feel it justttt fine.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012

Viscosity of oils has nothing to do with ugl, its the oil and amount of hormone. I make test 400 that flows like butter through a slin pin much faster than many other providers prop or test 250

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Want slower absorption go with sub-Q if you want faster do IM...simple. I prefer for every day. no high no low. Everyone is different.

From a medical text:
Why reinvent the wheel? I’ve been lazy here and have attached this information as written for my textbook. It is probably more detailed than you require but I am sure it will give you all the answers you need.

Subcutaneous injections
The blood supply to the subcutaneous tissue is poor, so
absorption of an injected drug will be relatively slow.This
is often an advantage with drugs that cannot be given by
mouth.An example is the protein insulin, which would be
digested if given orally; when injected intravenously, the
resultant fast action is not always desirable.
Absorption rate of drugs given by subcutaneous injection
can be slowed down further by incorporating
adrenaline in the injection. Adrenaline promotes vasoconstriction,
which decreases the distribution of the
injected material. This vasoconstriction will also decrease
bleeding when adrenaline is injected with a local anaes-thetic for minor surgical procedures. Conversely, if the
enzyme hyaluronidase is added to a subcutaneous injection,
the tissue cement hyaluronic acid (which helps cells
to adhere to each other) is destroyed, enabling the other
drug to diffuse into the tissues. Sustained effects can be
achieved, using subcutaneous injections, by dissolving the
drug in a slowly dispersible oil or by implanting a pellet
containing the drug in the tissues. Steroid hormones used
for contraception or for treating menopausal symptoms are
sometimes given this way. Subcutaneous injections are
useful when other routes may be hazardous, as is the case
with heparin.When injected into a muscle, heparin, being
an anticoagulant, could lead to intramuscular haemorrhage
producing a painful haematoma.
Tablets, especially some of the sex hormones, can be
implanted into subcutaneous tissues for prolonged action.
Table 7.14 contains information about the administration of
medications by the subcutaneous route.
Intramuscular injections
Skeletal muscle is highly vascular, and its capillaries contain
small pores that enable substances of small molecular
weight to pass through into the bloodstream. Lipid-soluble
drugs are taken up rapidly by direct diffusion through the
capillary walls. Substances of high molecular size, which
are lipophobic, can be slowly absorbed into the lymphatic
system. Several muscles of the body have considerable mass
and are able to be injected with quantities of up to several
millilitres of fluid, generally without undue discomfort to
the patient.The gluteus medius of the buttocks is the best
muscle to use in this respect. The deltoid muscle of the
upper arm has a richer blood supply than the gluteus
muscle so is good for rapid absorption of many drugs, but
its size limits the injectable amount to about 1 mL.
Intramuscular injections are not always given for quick
action; if the drug is mixed with an oil such as peanut oil,
the oil is not absorbed rapidly from the injection site.The
drug thus diffuses slowly from the oily solution into the
muscle’s capillaries. This can take a few weeks to occur.
This type of injection is known as a depot injection.
Exercise, which causes an increase in skeletal muscle
blood flow, improves absorption of a drug after intramuscular
injection.
This was demonstrated by a footballer who
was given a phenothiazine, an antipsychotic agent (see
chapter 33), as a depot injection and who subsequently
suffered from a fairly serious adverse reaction, due to rapid
absorption of the drug, brought about by increased muscularThe main danger from intramuscular injection is
damage to nerves, especially in the case of gluteal injections,
as the large sciatic nerve passes through this region.
Knowledge of anatomical positions of major nerves and
blood vessels is necessary in order to avoid irreparable
damage or injection into these structures. Apart from pain
and irritation to tissues, sterile abscesses can occur with
intramuscular injections.
Not all intramuscular injections act faster than using
enteral routes; for example, diazepam (see chapter 34) is
faster-acting when given rectally or orally.Table 7.15 contains
information about the administration of medications
by the intramuscular route.

Regards

Dr Alan Galbraith

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
Just about everything you can do subq has a slightly higher absorption IM. Adipose tissue takes a lot time to recover from any sort of shot (I've never tried oil). I never use smaller than a 23g. Usually 21g 1.5". You do more damage to the muscle tissue by using a 25g or smaller because it takes so long to do the shot and the pressure at the tip of the needle is higher the smaller diameter needle you use.

I don't get why people are jumping onto all these homosexual bandwagons like no testosterone cycles and pinning oil into their stomach fat.