©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

how long does a vial stay good?

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Hi all,

Mate of mine gave me vial of test he didn't want that still has 9ml left from a 10ml vial. It's been open for quite a while, maybe 6 months or so, and I'm wondering if it's still good?

I trust the guy to have sterilised the vial when he was using it, so there's no issue there, but I am wondering if a sterile vial stays sterile for that long once opened?

If it's no good anymore I'm happy to get rid of it, it's not like test is expensive, but it seems a shame to waste it unnecessarily.

Thanks

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
if your vial has a rubber stopper in it and it has been stored properly it will be good for years and years and years so if this is the case you should be good to pin it.

VP

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
if your vial has a rubber stopper in it and it has been stored properly it will be good for years and years and years so if this is the case you should be good to pin it.

VP

that's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for the speedy response, much appreciated.

butthole69

Feb 3, 2013
You can put it in boiling water for about 10 minutes to be sure. Bring water to a full boil then keep it at a low boil. You only need enough water to submerge most of the vial.

I would recommend against boiling it for more than ten minutes or putting it in the oven because that can oxidize the hormone.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Hi all,

Mate of mine gave me vial of test he didn't want that still has 9ml left from a 10ml vial. It's been open for quite a while, maybe 6 months or so, and I'm wondering if it's still good?

I trust the guy to have sterilised the vial when he was using it, so there's no issue there, but I am wondering if a sterile vial stays sterile for that long once opened?

If it's no good anymore I'm happy to get rid of it, it's not like test is expensive, but it seems a shame to waste it unnecessarily.

Thanks

If stored right,,,it could last many years.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Thanks guys, but when you say "stored properly", what exactly do you mean?

It's just been in a box in my room. Not refrigerated or anything like that...

drob29

Banned
Nov 13, 2005
Thanks guys, but when you say "stored properly", what exactly do you mean?

It's just been in a box in my room. Not refrigerated or anything like that...

Out of direct sunlight, room temp or less, and in relatively clean place.