©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Glucose numbers

alaski

Aug 5, 2013
Does anybody know what are good numbers using Slin pre-workout then checking before and after training? That's 15ui's Hum R 30 minutes pre training and shake at the start of training.

I'm usually around 100 pre then it falls from low of 75 to as high as 90 post training. I'm not really getting consistent numbers post training.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
You wont get consistant readings after training cause your body glucose depletion is so variable in training length of time etc
What are u asking cause im confused..?
Are u on AAS ? do u sip a drink during workout everytime ? ..

alaski

Aug 5, 2013
You wont get consistant readings after training cause your body glucose depletion is so variable in training length of time etc
What are u asking cause im confused..?
Are u on AAS ? do u sip a drink during workout everytime ? ..

I wanted to have some kind of number to gauge where I am at with insulin in my system. I'm 6'4" 285 lbs, age 54, around 15% and want to find the best dosage for my height/weight and body make up. 15iu's doesn't even phase me when it comes to being hypo.

Yes I am on NPP, Sus, and primo right now. Just dropped Tren A a week ago then added NPP, as Tren was messing with me too much.

I drink my shake fairly quickly, three or four gulps, at the beginning of my training. I'm trying to get the full effect of my mixture all together.

I'm thinking my age and insulin sensitivity may have a role in my tolerance and along with my size of course.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Normal without exercise is 120-140 and as u know normal people who are diabetic lower their insulin injection an average 4 iu if doing strenuous exercise..So u must be super insulin resistance so at 15 iu i would make sure you sip a glucose type drink during exercise session to stop low blood sugar..Do u seem overly lathargic post wo? Ever tried humalog ? Way easier to control and shorter time period..id switch and find it online..hope this kinda helps. 54 is great im rite behind u at 49.toss an extra rep for the punks in the gym ..lol.ib

Anyone ever call u sasquatch?← kdn moose.

Last edited:

alaski

Aug 5, 2013
Normal without exercise is 120-140 and as u know normal people who are diabetic lower their insulin injection an average 4 iu if doing strenuous exercise..So u must be super insulin resistance so at 15 iu i would make sure you sip a glucose type drink during exercise session to stop low blood sugar..Do u seem overly lathargic post wo? Ever tried humalog ? Way easier to control and shorter time period..id switch and find it online..hope this kinda helps. 54 is great im rite behind u at 49.toss an extra rep for the punks in the gym ..lol.ib

Anyone ever call u sasquatch?← kdn moose.

Wow, 120 to 140? I've never been that high since I went diabetic for a week after a serious surgery. My body, as many do, was shocked from open heart surgery and insulin was required for about six days.

No, I actually feel pretty good post training. I have another carb/protein drink shortly after my training that keeps me up around a 100 reading.

I use hum R, like many, because it's much easier to get without a script. Log is not easy to access from what I can tell.

Lol…old dudes. At my gym I am definitely one of the biggest most defined at any age, though my strength is not where it was twenty years ago.

jm425

Feb 18, 2013
120-140 is way too high unless you slam down a ton of carbs. Ideally, in a fasted state, you want your bgl to be 70-80. Mine is usually in the 60's in the morning, however, I am also hypoglycemic and extremely insulin sensitive.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ok well this may help out I'm kinda confused but thats nothing new.lol

When testing for medical purposes, a “fasting blood sugar” is normally used. This means that the individual will be tested six to eight hours after their last meal. The following numbers apply to that situation.
Normal***************** 70 mg/dL to 100 mg/dL
Pre-Diabetes******** 101 mg/dL to 126 mg/dL
Diabetes*************** above 126 mg/dL
This blood sugar levels chart below shows a normal blood sugar range.
Normal Blood Sugar Levels Chart

*TIMING OF BLOOD SUGAR NORMAL RANGE (mg/dl)
*When you wake (before eating) 80 to 120
*Before eating a meal 80 to 120
*Taken 2 hours after eating Less than 140
*Bedtime blood sugar range 100 to 140
For patients who are tracking their blood sugar levels on a day to day basis, the numbers above would apply to a normal adult approximately two hours after a meal.

Last edited:

alaski

Aug 5, 2013
Ok well this may help out I'm kinda confused but thats nothing new.lol

When testing for medical purposes, a “fasting blood sugar” is normally used. This means that the individual will be tested six to eight hours after their last meal. The following numbers apply to that situation.
Normal***************** 70 mg/dL to 100 mg/dL
Pre-Diabetes******** 101 mg/dL to 126 mg/dL
Diabetes*************** above 126 mg/dL
This blood sugar levels chart below shows a normal blood sugar range.
Normal Blood Sugar Levels Chart

*TIMING OF BLOOD SUGAR NORMAL RANGE (mg/dl)
*When you wake (before eating) 80 to 120
*Before eating a meal 80 to 120
*Taken 2 hours after eating Less than 140
*Bedtime blood sugar range 100 to 140
For patients who are tracking their blood sugar levels on a day to day basis, the numbers above would apply to a normal adult approximately two hours after a meal.

I love this kind of information and I like to hear personal experience because it's important to know the diversity, as nobody responds the same. I think hard science and anecdotal are both very important.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
I haven't seen much mention yet, so I'll just throw out that it's good to know what hypo feels like and to get a read on what that bgl number is.

For me, I know when I get the shakes and cold sweat that I'm in the low 40s and it's time to fucking eat some carbs!

I intentionally let myself go hypo a few times so I could track symptoms and have the most possible warning of a crisis coming on. That way, I don't have to overeat carbs and pack on fat in order to use slin.

CAREFUL experimentation and bgl monitoring will help you know how many grams of carbs to start with and how many IUs are needed. I consider logging this info as important as logging workouts.

Also, I have still been surprised a few times by a sudden drop in bgl that didn't correspond to the time of the peaks on the chart that comes with the insulin. Tricky stuff, sometimes.

alaski

Aug 5, 2013
I haven't seen much mention yet, so I'll just throw out that it's good to know what hypo feels like and to get a read on what that bgl number is.

For me, I know when I get the shakes and cold sweat that I'm in the low 40s and it's time to fucking eat some carbs!

I intentionally let myself go hypo a few times so I could track symptoms and have the most possible warning of a crisis coming on. That way, I don't have to overeat carbs and pack on fat in order to use slin.

CAREFUL experimentation and bgl monitoring will help you know how many grams of carbs to start with and how many IUs are needed. I consider logging this info as important as logging workouts.

Also, I have still been surprised a few times by a sudden drop in bgl that didn't correspond to the time of the peaks on the chart that comes with the insulin. Tricky stuff, sometimes.

Actually thought about this approach with testing for a number when I become hypo but I don't want to distract from my training. Maybe I ought to try it when I'm not training then log my numbers and carb grams when I climb out of hypo.

thank you for that input!