©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

High RB cell count

distributer1134

Apr 2, 2005
I always have had a higher reb blood cell count since taking my TRT. I give blood every 6 months or as soon as they say I can donate again. Any other suggestions on how I may lower my RB count?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Unfortunately there is no way to lower RB without stopping aas . You could do your own blood draw and ditch it but thats some last resort.

As you know some AAS compounds increase RB count at a faster rate.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
I hear ya bro. Double red cell donating when ever u csn better than whole donate. Time off of course helps. Down that road as we speak. Try to stay away from eq an if tren watch with labs. Good luck bro

j2048b

May 11, 2013
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can and will alter a lot of oral aas... Research this before taking or eating grapefruit if u plan to use any orals!

Also check this out about RBC:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega

Feb 16, 2013
Just Gave a double red yesterday. can donate this every 112 days. Hemocrit was around 56 , the lab tech at the Blood center said this should knock me down 3- 4 points, only been a day but i think i am actually feeling a little more energetic. Could be placebo effect too, dont know.

Mega

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Grapefruit can affect medicine activation and make certain meds digest faster so be sure to check before drinking it. I usually take it with var or orals for that reason.. i dont see how it can lower red count unless by the gallons......maybe..probably some grapefruit farmer pimpin his fruit.?

anabolic2k

Jun 12, 2013
i dont see how it can lower red count unless by the gallons......maybe..probably some grapefruit farmer pimpin his fruit.?

To be fair you don't really need to understand the process, read the abstract, it works - FACT ;-)

Abstract

This study was based on in vitro observations that naringin isolated from grapefruit induced red cell aggregation and evidence that clumped red cells are removed from the circulation by phagocytosis. The effect on hematocrits of adding grapefruit to the daily diet was determined using 36 human subjects (12 F, 24 M) over a 42-day study. The hematocrits ranged from 36.5 to 55.8% at the start and 38.8% to 49.2% at the end of the study. There was a differential effect on the hematocrit. The largest decreases occurred at the highest hematocrits and the effect decreased on the intermediate hematocrits; however, the low hematocrits increased. There was no significant difference between ingesting 1/2 or 1 grapefruit per day but a decrease in hematocrit due to ingestion of grapefruit was statistically significant at the p less than 0.01 level.

Stew

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
It's 6.6% . Very little right? males 55.8 to 49.2. And females 2.3% for 42 days and doubt they are on Trt..

Lets see.. Lower 6% or die perhaps..-fact-

Drinking grapefruit juice with some medications can be deadly, study warns
November 27, 2012
by CBNews.com

Many people are unaware that grapefruit juice may have adverse reactions when combined with certain medications, and now a new study shows there are even more drugs on the market that carry the risk.
A team of doctors are warning in the Nov. 26 edition of the Canadian Medical Association Journal that between 2008 and 2012, more medications are being sold that can cause serious side effects -- even death -- when combined with grapefruit juice.
"Many of the drugs that interact with grapefruit are highly prescribed and are essential for the treatment of important or common medical conditions," the authors wrote. "Recently, however, a disturbing trend has been seen."
The researchers found between 2008 and 2012, the number of medications with the potential to interact with grapefruit and cause serious problems has increased from 17 to 43 drugs, representing an average rate of increase of more than 6 medications per year.

"This increase is a result of the introduction of new chemical entities and formulations," they wrote.
What's more, there are more than 85 drugs in total that cause some kind of reaction when taken with grapefruit juice, according to the study.

Grapefruits -- as well as Seville oranges used to make marmalade, limes and pomelos (but not typical oranges) -- contain a chemical called furanocoumarins, which affects the way some medications are absorbed and metabolized in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. As a result, more of the active medication enters the bloodstream. High concentrations of certain drugs can cause kidney damage, GI tract bleeding, respiratory failure, bone-marrow suppression in people with compromised systems and death.
The negative interactions can even occur if grapefruit juice or similar substances are consumed hours before taking the pill, meaning even eating one grapefruit while taking a once-daily medication can have a negative effect. For people who drink grapefruit juice daily, it could magnify the adverse reaction. For example, a statin used to lower cholesterol called simvastatin created a 330 percent higher systemic concentration of the drug when the patient drank a 200-mL glass of grapefruit juice once a day for three days compared to when they just drank water.
"Taking one tablet with a glass of grapefruit juice is like taking 20 tablets with a glass of water," author David Bailey, a clinical pharmacologist at the Lawson Health Research Institute in London, Canada, said to the CBC. He discovered the negative reactions that occur when grapefruit juice is combined with certain medications about two decades ago. "This is unintentional overdosing. So it's not surprising that these levels go from what we call therapeutic to toxic."
Medications that are affected by the citrus juice are all taken orally and combine in the gastrointestinal tract with an enzyme called CYP3A4. Usually only a small fraction of the active drug enters the bloodstream, a process known as very low to intermediate bioavailability.

Drugs that carry an interaction risk include Zocor and Lipitor, which are used to lower cholesterol; Nifediac and Afditab, which lower blood pressure; and some opioid pain relievers like oxycodone. Other medications that can't be combined include some anti-infective, anti-cancer, cardiovascular and urinary tract infection medications.
Patients and doctors can see whether or not the medication has these interaction risks on the package inserts included with the medication, but the study authors fear that no one actually reads them.
"Unless health care professionals are aware of the possibility that the adverse event they are seeing might have an origin in the recent addition of grapefruit to the patient's diet, it is very unlikely that they will investigate it," the authors wrote. "In addition, the patient may not volunteer this information. Thus, we contend that there remains a lack of knowledge about this interaction in the general healthcare community."
People 45 and older are most at risk because they are also the most likely to buy grapefruit juice and also the most likely to take these kind of prescription drugs.
Neal Patel, from the Head of Corporate Communications Royal Pharmaceutical Society, said to the BBC that this study should make people aware of more negative interactions that some food items can have with their medication. For example, milk can stop the absorption of some antibiotics if taken simultaneously.
"Pharmacists are the best port of call for anyone concerned about how their diet may affect their medication," he said. "Information about any interactions would always be included in the patient information leaflet that comes with the medicine."

Last edited:

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Grapefruit s no no on cholesterol meds. Double reds best way if need to get under control. Whole blood is good because u can donate more in a short time.

MayGodBlessyou

Mar 21, 2013
Philly
Regular donation brought me down about 7-9 pts....... Had planned do Double red, once got there they said weren't doing it "till further notice"......
What's up with that I.B?? Jacked ??

DEF felt difference....prior too was feeling the pressure, after felt much more mellow

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
IDr Lukifer please explain. Ive really never had super high hemo levels.. donation place probably had no sterile machines to use so none of that double crap was happening.¿¿