©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

House Panel Issues Steroids Subpoenas

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
"The committee will conduct a thorough, fair, and responsible investigation. It is important the American people know the facts on baseball's steroid scandal. And it is important that all Americans, especially children, know about the dangers of drug use. Consistent with our committee's jurisdiction over the nation's drug policy, we need to better understand the steps MLB is taking to get a handle on the steroid issue, and whether news of those steps — and the public health danger posed by steroid use — is reaching America's youth."

Quoted from the article.
Second sentence. Why? Does the average conservative American even care?
Third sentence. OK, what does steroid use have to do with drug use?
Last sentence. What public health danger posed by steroid use?

If they are going to use tax dollars to conduct this investigation (and they are), shouldn't tax paying citizens get to vote if this is even worth the cost of the investigation? What crime has taken place? Where are the victims crying out for justice?

W

wolfyEVH

DragonRider said:
"The committee will conduct a thorough, fair, and responsible investigation. It is important the American people know the facts on baseball's steroid scandal. And it is important that all Americans, especially children, know about the dangers of drug use. Consistent with our committee's jurisdiction over the nation's drug policy, we need to better understand the steps MLB is taking to get a handle on the steroid issue, and whether news of those steps — and the public health danger posed by steroid use — is reaching America's youth."

Quoted from the article.
Second sentence. Why? Does the average conservative American even care?
Third sentence. OK, what does steroid use have to do with drug use?
Last sentence. What public health danger posed by steroid use?

If they are going to use tax dollars to conduct this investigation (and they are), shouldn't tax paying citizens get to vote if this is even worth the cost of the investigation? What crime has taken place? Where are the victims crying out for justice?

i agree....should sports ban drugs?? I really don't know.....but i'll tell you that sports will not be as fun anymore with strict steroid testing. I garauntee that you won't see another world record broken in the olympics if they find a way to test for everything, including HGH, insulin and EPO. There is no testing in NHL. Why don't the go after that??? I don't think the american public realizes this. Should steroids be available to anyone?? absolutely NOT. You must be at least 21 years of age, and take them under doctor supervision. I mean, its out bodies, if we want to get bigger and stronger and loook better we should be able too....girls can get bigger boobs, liposuction all that shit, which is far more dangerous than steroids. I absolutely hate when they categorize steroids w/ recreational drugs such as pot, X, coke etc. This is nowhere in the same league as those. First of all, we don't take steroids to get high, and rec drugs have absolutely no health benifits what-so-ever. Steroids, if taken properly, can make you even healthier than you are. Waste of fucking tax dollars to educate kids on the "potential and REVERSIBLE side effects of steroids". Waste of tax dollars to have these ballplayers to go to Capital Hill. Spend that money on busting the pot, coke and x dealers in this Country. Thats where all the crime is at.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
wolfyEVH said:
i agree....should sports ban drugs?? I really don't know.....but i'll tell you that sports will not be as fun anymore with strict steroid testing. I garauntee that you won't see another world record broken in the olympics if they find a way to test for everything, including HGH, insulin and EPO. There is no testing in NHL. Why don't the go after that??? I don't think the american public realizes this. Should steroids be available to anyone?? absolutely NOT. You must be at least 21 years of age, and take them under doctor supervision. I mean, its out bodies, if we want to get bigger and stronger and loook better we should be able too....girls can get bigger boobs, liposuction all that shit, which is far more dangerous than steroids. I absolutely hate when they categorize steroids w/ recreational drugs such as pot, X, coke etc. This is nowhere in the same league as those. First of all, we don't take steroids to get high, and rec drugs have absolutely no health benifits what-so-ever. Steroids, if taken properly, can make you even healthier than you are. Waste of fucking tax dollars to educate kids on the "potential and REVERSIBLE side effects of steroids". Waste of tax dollars to have these ballplayers to go to Capital Hill. Spend that money on busting the pot, coke and x dealers in this Country. Thats where all the crime is at.

Oh say can you see....by the dawns early light.........you make so proud wolfy.....