©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

what type of testing do you get done?

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
with all the talk about staying healthy i thought id see how many people get the more advanced tests done vs just normal blood work say 2-6x a year or whatever it may be. for me i just get bloods done 2x a year or every 6 months if you will. i also monitor my blood pressure with my home monitor, i have a glucose monitor too i use from time to time. it'll come in handy when i venture into slin

dont have insurance or i would seriously consider these vap tests, hear scans and all that. im gonna look into it here in the near future though as i, like most here ,value my health very much

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Full lab every year . Chloresterol once a year and half lab once or twice depending on the circumstances. Bp done randomly from a nosey nurse friend just to irritate me.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Full lab every year . Chloresterol once a year and half lab once or twice depending on the circumstances. Bp done randomly from a nosey nurse friend just to irritate me.

thanks for sharing ib. so your like me then, only get the "basics" i guess you'd call it lol. honestly id love to go nuts and have EVERYTHING checked and do all the fancy tests, but funds arent there, neither is insurance :banghead:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Where does she put the cuff to test?

Lol.. Currently not arm or anywhere!

Hey Big D isn't the new health care law in effect soon or is that just my state? Where u mandatory have to buy some health INS thru some discount plan.
My question is how are no income going to pay ? Me and you prob pay for them I suppose. ..
Sometimes if you are buy a medical college they do free testing by qualified students so check it out.. I like FREE too..

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013

Hey Big D isn't the new health care law in effect soon or is that just my state? Where u mandatory have to buy some health INS thru some discount plan.
My question is how are no income going to pay ? Me and you prob pay for them I suppose. ..
Sometimes if you are buy a medical college they do free testing by qualified students so check it out.. I like FREE too..

I think that's every state but I'm in nj and haven't heard anything yet. I think it's in 2014 where it takes effect.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012

I am in ny and I checked the healthcare exchange and I wouldn't call any of the plans affordable. :-((

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I think that's every state but I'm in nj and haven't heard anything yet. I think it's in 2014 where it takes effect.

It's not here yet. You just have to purchase insurance if your employer has made it available but it's coming soon

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
i just get blood work 2-3 times a year.. even though i`m natty but i still want to make sure everything is ok.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
I get the "top 10 most important for a male" test from directlabs once or twice a year and I get the "comprehensive wellness profile" test 2-3 times a year.

I'd love to get a heart and artery scan but I also have no insurance. Maybe I should check into what it actually costs. Lol

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I get bloods run once a year. BP I check here and there. On my bloods I get the the everything checked.
no scans or other testing?
I get the "top 10 most important for a male" test from directlabs once or twice a year and I get the "comprehensive wellness profile" test 2-3 times a year.

I'd love to get a heart and artery scan but I also have no insurance. Maybe I should check into what it actually costs. Lol

ya again, living in nj i cant use those types of sites. so for me i get the routine bloods done(lipids, liver/kidney, glucose, Thyroid, etc) as well as test levels checked from my doc. i too need to look into the advanced testing, i may even be eligible to get that done..