©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Not running an AI during cycle? Read this

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Menopause for middle-aged men - Daily Dose

Estrogen causes middle-aged men to experience changes in body composition and sexual function in a way similar to how women go through menopause, according to a new study.

The new study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, built upon evidence that a relatively small proportion of testosterone in men is converted into estrogen and that men with more testosterone end up with more testosterone converted into estrogen.

Scientists have conducted previous studies on low testosterone levels in men can cause adverse physical symptoms. Researchers of this study, from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), aimed to determine what levels of testosterone and estrogen corresponded with what physical changes.

Participants included 150 men ages 20 to 50, who were divided into two groups. The first group was given daily doses of testosterone (or a placebo) for four months. The second group was given the same testosterone doses but was also given a substance that prevents testosterone from being converted into estrogen.

Findings showed that in the men whose estrogen production was not blocked, varying levels of testosterone respectively corresponded with decreased sexual desire, erectile dysfunction and reduced lean body mass, muscle size and strength.

Men whose estrogen production was blocked showed increased fat and adverse changes in sexual function regardless of testosterone dosage levels.

Results suggest that the decline in estrogen levels can be the exclusive cause of some symptoms, such as weight gain or erectile dysfunction, and that these symptoms aren’t caused by testosterone deficiency alone.

Findings provide insight into the relationship between specific testosterone levels and the decline of physiological functions, which can help researchers determine which men should be treated with testosterone supplements. More significantly, researchers said this study shows that the forms of testosterone used for therapy should be capable of being converted into estrogen.

However, further studies should be conducted to find out how testosterone replacement therapy could affect prostate cancer and prostate enlargement that causes unpleasant symptoms in many older men, researchers said.

Last edited:

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Im not sure what to think but from this read it seems like it is worse to not run one than to run one!

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
"men whose estrogen production was not blocked, varying levels of testosterone respectively corresponded with decreased sexual desire, erectile dysfunction and reduced lean body mass, muscle size and strength."

I not sure if this statement really means anything. Wouldnt "varying levels" of test "correspond with decreased sexual desire, ED, and reduced lean body mass" REGARDLESS of taking an AI or not?

I want to see more on this study...they arent really saying anything in this article we dont already know. Maybe I can find some data we can interpret ourselves.

Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
"men whose estrogen production was not blocked, varying levels of testosterone respectively corresponded with decreased sexual desire, erectile dysfunction and reduced lean body mass, muscle size and strength."

I not sure if this statement really means anything. Wouldnt "varying levels" of test "correspond with decreased sexual desire, ED, and reduced lean body mass" REGARDLESS of taking an AI or not?

I want to see more on this study...they arent really saying anything in this article we dont already know. Maybe I can find some data we can interpret ourselves.
You need to keep in mind this study is regarding men using TRT not men doing steroid cycles. TRT is something completely different as you are only moving your T levels to normal range and estrogen should bre managed by bloodwork. Running full cycles you have much higher testosterone levels and much more aromatization.

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
sounds like you have plenty of experience with Ai on cycle, have you run a cycle without an AI? what was the major differences you noticed with/without?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
sounds like you have plenty of experience with Ai on cycle, have you run a cycle without an AI? what was the major differences you noticed with/without?

Yes i used to run cycles with no ai for years. Like i have said i am not sensitive to estrogen sides and my estrogen can get well over 300 with no signs of gyno and very little water retention. Running an ai is much better in my opinion after doing it both ways. I would never cycle with out it. Aromasin at 12.5 mg ed keeps me in the sweet spot or arimidex at .25 eod.

wrees

Jun 1, 2013
Yes i used to run cycles with no ai for years. Like i have said i am not sensitive to estrogen sides and my estrogen can get well over 300 with no signs of gyno and very little water retention. Running an ai is much better in my opinion after doing it both ways. I would never cycle with out it. Aromasin at 12.5 mg ed keeps me in the sweet spot or arimidex at .25 eod.

right on, what do you think was the most significant difference? did you keep more gains on an AI? have less sides? any negative aspects?