©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

telling your doctor you take steroids?

evolutionmoto

Sep 18, 2013
Just wanted a heads up on what to expect. I'm 34 and have been cycling for about three years now. I like to keep my cycles on the lighter side ( 500mg total per week of one test cyp/en/sust with 2iu hgh through time on and off gear for example ) but i generaly dont take long periods off ( i go 10 weeks on 4 weeks off test x 3 then 16 weeks off everything). Now here is my dilemma, I have not had blood work done in the past 2 years :(. I know this is bad and I am starting to get a bit older so I know I need to get it checked. I feel fine but that's irrelevant, I'm getting it done but should I be open with my doctor as to what i take? And if I am what should I expect? Just a lecture on how steroids kill 2,000,000 people a year or something worse like limited care?

Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate any heads up I can get.

asp28

Banned
Sep 25, 2013
Well if you're not getting your test and estrogen levels checked you don't have to tell tjem shit.

evolutionmoto

Sep 18, 2013
Is it bad to have an open relationship with the doctor? Can they do anything if you tell them? Would there be any disadvantages to them knowing? If so then just a regular physical blood check up won't include hormone levels?

asp28

Banned
Sep 25, 2013
Don't volunteer info if you don't think you can trust him or her. Regular bloodwork doesn't check hormones.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
You can tell your doctor whatever you like as long as it doesnt involve harming someone else they cant say shit "doctor patient priviledge". They probably will give you a lengthy lecture on steroid abuse but oh well. I feel like my doctor needs to have the full picture to correctly diagnose or treat me so im completly honest with mine...when i first saw him and discussed aas use i asked him if what was discussed would be confidential and if he could tell anyone his exact response was "not unless i want to lose my license and have the holy hell sued out of me!" that was good enough for me

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
I never told my doctor but I assumes he knows, the biggest reason I have not because if i did need treatment and he but in my records steroid related my insurance might refuse to cover it

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I never told my doctor but I assumes he knows, the biggest reason I have not because if i did need treatment and he but in my records steroid related my insurance might refuse to cover it

Exactly... I wouldn't say anything. There are plenty of places that you can have labs run without a script

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Never volunteer information to anyone about anything, ever.

Whether you are taking aas or you are completely natural, if you look like a bodybuilder, the general assumption will be that you are on aas.

Here is my favorite quote from GoodFella's:

"Look at me....Never rat on your friends...and always keep your mouth shut." Jimmy (Robert Deniro)

Last edited:

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Good advice so far. I would only say anything if I became sick or in an emergency situation. I get my regular labs once a year and if something is out of whack he tells me and I work on getting it right on my own. A few times my cholesterol or liver values were elevated. I told him I would lay off the whiskey and eat less saturated fat.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Didnt consider the insurance factor and an ilness being steroid related good point.....i was thinking more about the legal end of it my bad.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012

Exactly. Your information is confidential only outside of the medical realm. Inside it is shared and for good reason too. I don't know how it is where all of you are from but around here each hospital has created a network with local doctors, labs, etc. What this does for instance is the last time I went for bloodwork at a lab that was affil iated they already had my uo dated med. Ins. Info. When I saw my doctor after my hospital stay he brought my name up on computer and knew how many times I shit in those 3 days I was there. It is for our benefit, HOWEVER work ethic isn't what it once was and people just have no shame let alone morals in this day and age. TRUST NO ONE. If you know your doc is cool he could leave it out if your chart. My insurance company called me a couple days after I was released and made it a point to inquire about any other non prescrip med or supplements. When I first got to the er I told them I was taking pro hormones.
There are always some prohormones legal for sale. Even tren. Just stick to those. Just like modifying a car under warrenty, they try to refuse coverage even if it has absolutely nothing to do with anything you changed. Just imagine if one of us was diagnosed with cancer and the insurance company wanted to see your file. Think about how much $ they would save by declining coverage.
Think about if you beat the shit outta someone and it is already assumed you're juicer. A lawyer can have your med. records subpoenaed and blame roid rage.

Deny it till proven guilty, then deny it some more. "I take pro hormones yo honor";)

bigboy312

Oct 1, 2013
USA
run your blood check if anything seriously wrong tell him/her what you doing.
My doctor is cool so he knows everything. major problems are HCT, RBC and Cholesterol watch your LDL and HDL
Take lots of Fish Oil and Do min 1 hour cardio 5 days a week