©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Throbbing pain with curls

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Hey guys...what do you think the cause can be for me getting one HELL of a throbbing pain in my left arm when doing curls...It's as if my fore-arm wants to explode..It sorta feels like the same as when your bones get cold..

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Robin Hood said:
Hey guys...what do you think the cause can be for me getting one HELL of a throbbing pain in my left arm when doing curls...It's as if my fore-arm wants to explode..It sorta feels like the same as when your bones get cold..

So the pain is in the forearm then? My forearms get very tight when I do arms, but not painful. Are you hydrated enough when you workout? If the pain feels deep and throbbing, it could be a sign of trauma to one of the bones in the forearm (the radius and ulna). Make sure you are getting enough water, and potassium (bannanas are great for this.) I would take it easy on the old arm untill you can be sure it isn't an injury. Steroids tend to increase the mass of the muscle at a much greater rate than other connective tissue, so it is possible that the muscle can be stronger than said tissue. Hope it all works out well Robin.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I've just tried something now...If i take my right hand, put it under my left arm, put my left hand under a table, and push UP against the table without using my left arm's muscles, i get no pain.....So it seems it could be something to do with my muscles then....but i'll check it out..lol

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
I feel you Bro! My damn left shoulder keeps wanting to dislocate!! Let me tell you something...You don't wan't to feel that pain!! It is getting better though. Just did about 20 pushups to see how it would support my weight (currently 233 lbs) not bad but still not good enough to hit the weights yet. I see an Ortho Doc next week.

turd ferguson

Feb 24, 2005
if its a dull aching pain it could be tendonitis. maybe you are whacking it too much?

when my tendonitis first developed I did not know wtf it was and was doing self experiments like you to see what I could and could not do. My pain started out dull and achey and with more aggravation was sharp and painful.

P

pincrusher

i have the same problem when i use a straight bar for curls. my right foreamr feels like it is going to explode. had to resort to using the ez curl bar for awhile.