©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ok, So I am on HRT but I want more.

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
Me: Male, 49 almost 50, 230lb, 5'8"
I don't smoke, drink or do fast food. I don't know my BF% but I know I got more than I need. I don't lift weights or even belong to a gym (yet).

Diagnosis
Low T

I have been on HRT for over a year when I first got tested my test level was at 104xx/xx (I don't remember the units of measure.
After a year I was at 900+ due to cost and other issues I went from weekly injections to monthly. and then I got the side effects mainly acne.

So I stopped for 2 months to clean out...I went back recently my blood work was 347xx/xx and PSA 0.95.

Dosage I was getting was 250mg Test per mo either 1 injection a mo or divided up every week or every 10 days. (office injection)

I was also on HCG 500iu per week. (self injection) because the HRT center I was going to didn't do HCG but the PA gave me a script for it.

FASTFORWARD to today.

I found a doc to let me do it all at home. which is great since the center charged a lot like $80 just to inject me and office visit charges.

he wants me to do: .4ml per week of test cyp/prop (the bottle says 10ml CYP/PRP 200mg/20mg/ml) and 500iu of HCG 2x/week.

Q1: is this dose to low? I don't just want to be in "normal" range I want to gain so what dose would I see the most gains/benefits? Without becoming a full time bodybuilder just tone and muscular looking.

Q2: What other AAS should I look at I want to burn fat (winny?) and preserve joints etc (prim?) Others? anyone have a newbie type cycle that I could run long term?

Q3: Whats good to reduce/get rid of back acne the doc gave me a script for an antibiotic and a 1% topical solution. (seems the acne flared when I went to monthy injections) the meds only seem to reduce it. I cant see how such a low dose of Test would be the issue.

any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Ken

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
That one shot per month IMO will do more harm than good. Your testosterone levels will be all over the place. With CYP/ENAN blood level dramatically drop by day 10. You need to inject at least every 5-7 days.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Me: Male, 49 almost 50, 230lb, 5'8"
I don't smoke, drink or do fast food. I don't know my BF% but I know I got more than I need. I don't lift weights or even belong to a gym (yet).

Diagnosis
Low T

I have been on HRT for over a year when I first got tested my test level was at 104xx/xx (I don't remember the units of measure.
After a year I was at 900+ due to cost and other issues I went from weekly injections to monthly. and then I got the side effects mainly acne.

So I stopped for 2 months to clean out...I went back recently my blood work was 347xx/xx and PSA 0.95.

Dosage I was getting was 250mg Test per mo either 1 injection a mo or divided up every week or every 10 days. (office injection)

I was also on HCG 500iu per week. (self injection) because the HRT center I was going to didn't do HCG but the PA gave me a script for it.

FASTFORWARD to today.

I found a doc to let me do it all at home. which is great since the center charged a lot like $80 just to inject me and office visit charges.

he wants me to do: .4ml per week of test cyp/prop (the bottle says 10ml CYP/PRP 200mg/20mg/ml) and 500iu of HCG 2x/week.

Q1: is this dose to low? I don't just want to be in "normal" range I want to gain so what dose would I see the most gains/benefits? Without becoming a full time bodybuilder just tone and muscular looking.

Q2: What other AAS should I look at I want to burn fat (winny?) and preserve joints etc (prim?) Others? anyone have a newbie type cycle that I could run long term?

Q3: Whats good to reduce/get rid of back acne the doc gave me a script for an antibiotic and a 1% topical solution. (seems the acne flared when I went to monthy injections) the meds only seem to reduce it. I cant see how such a low dose of Test would be the issue.

any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Ken

First off welcome-

Now that the niceties are outta the way... Man you are way off!

This is how it should go-

1- diet
2- training
3- AAS's

If you do #3 be fore 1&2 you'll just be spinning your wheels. You said your 5'7 230 well unless you're a beast- that's pretty heavy/fat. If you start cycling at a high body fat level your gonna invite a lot of sides.

Also I think it's a bit... Not sure what adjective to use... Arrogant, naive, stupid.... Et cetera to want to start cycling when you're not even training. All you're gonna do is more harm than good if you attempt to cycle without having proper diet and training in place.

I do appreciate you coming on here and looking for advice but I suggest you take a few steps back and try and learn a bit more about how this all works and comes together. There are plenty of good guys here who are more than willing to help-

Stick around and learn and hopefully we can get you on the right track

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
First off welcome-

Now that the niceties are outta the way... Man you are way off!

This is how it should go-

1- diet
2- training
3- AAS's

If you do #3 be fore 1&2 you'll just be spinning your wheels. You said your 5'7 230 well unless you're a beast- that's pretty heavy/fat. If you start cycling at a high body fat level your gonna invite a lot of sides.

Also I think it's a bit... Not sure what adjective to use... Arrogant, naive, stupid.... Et cetera to want to start cycling when you're not even training. All you're gonna do is more harm than good if you attempt to cycle without having proper diet and training in place.

I do appreciate you coming on here and looking for advice but I suggest you take a few steps back and try and learn a bit more about how this all works and comes together. There are plenty of good guys here who are more than willing to help-

Stick around and learn and hopefully we can get you on the right track

I am right with big E on this.... I mean you stated you DON'T train...why get on AAS if you don't train? OK, great, you are going to start training and get on AAS....most of us spent a long time building good training habits and nutritional strategies to before even touching anything hormonal.

Spend a few years training hard before thinking about AAS. See what you can do on your own and learn how your works and what it responds to training wise.

Learn proper nutritional approaches to lose fat. If you don't know how to eat right, AAS won't do much for you, as diet is the foundation that AAS must build on...

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Exactly what Enigmatic707 and AtomAnt said.

First and foremost, get your diet in check. Second, start some kind of training. You shouldn't even be thinking about any kind of AAS without years of proper diet and training.

Do you want advice or someone to tell you go ahead and start AAS? If you want advice, you just got it. If you want someone to tell you go ahead and start AAS use, with your background, you won't get it here at AnaSci.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Exactly what Enigmatic707 and AtomAnt said.

First and foremost, get your diet in check. Second, start some kind of training. You shouldn't even be thinking about any kind of AAS without years of proper diet and training.

Do you want advice or someone to tell you go ahead and start AAS? If you want advice, you just got it. If you want someone to tell you go ahead and start AAS use, with your background, you won't get it here at AnaSci.

One reason why I love this place.

It is REAL...no one is going to advocate something foolish just because someone wants to do it. We tend to think about what is the proper thing to do in the situation.

Great board, with a great group of guys. :headbang:

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
Hey thanks for the feedback let me explain my diet more...its not the SAD that 90% of the people are on could it be better? yes.... is it horrible?..... no. I have already lost 25lbs and watch what I eat for the most part. I try to avoid all high fructose corn syrup and sugars. I eat a lot of whole grains and watch what chemicals I eat in processed foods.

Secondly I already have the AAS prescribed, I guess I was asking more about is this script good...could it be improved? Is there something you see that a guy on HRT could use, or is the HCG way out there, since I read on these board that the general opinion here is that most doctors don't know what the hell they are doing..etc.

I wasn't asking hey I want 19 inch arms without hitting a gym and eating Mcdonalds can you help me :p

Last edited:

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House

I would stick to your Doc's script. AAS will not make you look like a "full time bodybuilder just tone and muscular looking" without training.

Start with diet and exercise (at least cardio) to burn fat.

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
That one shot per month IMO will do more harm than good. Your testosterone levels will be all over the place. With CYP/ENAN blood level dramatically drop by day 10. You need to inject at least every 5-7 days.

Thanks for the response

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City

I would stick to your Doc's script. AAS will not make you look like a "full time bodybuilder just tone and muscular looking" without training.

Start with diet and exercise (at least cardio) to burn fat.

Thanks for the feedback

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Hey thanks for the feedback let me explain my diet more...its not the SAD that 90% of the people are on could it be better? yes.... is it horrible?..... no. I have already lost 25lbs and watch what I eat for the most part. I try to avoid all high fructose corn syrup and sugars. I eat a lot of whole grains and watch what chemicals I eat in processed foods.

Secondly I already have the AAS prescribed, I guess I was asking more about is this script good...could it be improved? Is there something you see that a guy on HRT could use, or is the HCG way out there, since I read on these board that the general opinion here is that most doctors don't know what the hell they are doing..etc.

I wasn't asking hey I want 19 inch arms without hitting a gym and eating Mcdonalds can you help me :p

Okay-

So let's stick to the trt portion of this question. Most reputable docs are going to just try and bring your test levels up to "normal range" and that's between 300-900 ng/dl... To achieve that all one really needs is about 100mg Test cypionate per week. A lot of these HRT clinics bank off the desire of the mass amount of men who want more than "normal" and want to wander into the supra physiological levels of test which is usually considered >1500 ng/dl

So when you hear of guys who are prescribed 1ml of Test Cyp per week it's usually a blind prescription done without any follow up testing to see where 1ml puts them.

Now as far as the HCG goes- well if you're a life long TRT patient then I don't see the point.

That's my 2cc's

And btw- staying away from junk food doesn't mean your diet is in check, just means you don't eat crap... Doesn't mean you're eating eating habits are going support a specific goal.

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
Okay-

So let's stick to the trt portion of this question. Most reputable docs are going to just try and bring your test levels up to "normal range" and that's between 300-900 ng/dl... To achieve that all one really needs is about 100mg Test cypionate per week. A lot of these HRT clinics bank off the desire of the mass amount of men who want more than "normal" and want to wander into the supra physiological levels of test which is usually considered >1500 ng/dl

So when you hear of guys who are prescribed 1ml of Test Cyp per week it's usually a blind prescription done without any follow up testing to see where 1ml puts them.

Now as far as the HCG goes- well if you're a life long TRT patient then I don't see the point.

That's my 2cc's

And btw- staying away from junk food doesn't mean your diet is in check, just means you don't eat crap... Doesn't mean you're eating eating habits are going support a specific goal.

Super infos thats what I was looking for. many thanks

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Okay-

That's my 2cc's

This is right I just went on trt alittle over a month ago my endo has me on 100mg test depo every 10 days shot given at office

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
well If I am going to be taking test from now on I don't want my nuts to turn to mush

I am a lifelong TRT patient and use 250iu of HCG every 3rd day.

Being that you are likely paying for this out of pocket (most insurance doesn't cover it) that is a more cost effective strategy in the long run.

The combination of HCG and TRT will likely put you into a supraphysiological range.

This is right I just went on trt alittle over a month ago my endo has me on 100mg test depo every 10 days shot given at office

Really? have you had bloodwork done at this dose? My doc has me on 100mg every 5 days and I'm in the upper third of the range. Before that, the endocrinologist I was seeing had me on 100mg every 10 days and when I got bloodwork done (draw was taken 9 days after injection) I was in the 300s... My GP took over and changed things to be more suited to how I felt, not just looking at numbers on a chart.

BTW, has anyone who on Watson Test E been switched by their pharmacy? My pharmacy started sending me Westard Test E... seems to be working fine but now I am changing things on my own ;)

Last edited:

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
I am a lifelong TRT patient and use 250iu of HCG every 3rd day.

Being that you are likely paying for this out of pocket (most insurance doesn't cover it) that is a more cost effective strategy in the long run.

The combination of HCG and TRT will likely put you into a supraphysiological range.

Thank you so much for the info, yea HCG is not covered by my insurance its like $50 for 5000iu. fortunately my test is, and pretty good 10ml without insurance was $167.00 I only paid $67.00 and got the syringes included.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thank you so much for the info, yea HCG is not covered by my insurance its like $50 for 5000iu. fortunately my test is, and pretty good 10ml without insurance was $167.00 I only paid $67.00 and got the syringes included.

I am pretty lucky.... it costs me $15.00 for four 5mL vials....