©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Exemestane YEAR ROUND?

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Any pros/cons to running exemestane year round?

I heard it has positive effect on triglycerides. Any cons to this?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
If you are running it to keep your estrogen under control I think the benefit outweighs the risk. Labs would be the only way to know for sure though

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Coagulation and Lipid Effects: In study 027 of postmenopausal women with early breast cancer treated with exemestane (N=73) or placebo (N=73), there was no change in the coagulation parameters activated partial thromboplastin time [APTT], prothrombin time [PT], and fibrinogen. Plasma HDL cholesterol was decreased 6 to 9% in exemestane treated patients; total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, apolipoprotein-A1, apolipoprotein-B, and lipoprotein-a were unchanged. An 18% increase in homocysteine levels was also observed in exemestane treated patients compared with a 12% increase seen with placebo.

Full study here: Exemestane Tablets Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

It's an all female study, so may not be completely relevant for male users. We know the half life changes drastically in men vs. women, so it stands to reason that other characteristics would change as well. Take it for what u think it's worth. It's just the first thing I came across. If I find anything else I'll update.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I think we would need to know why he would want to run it year round? If its for trt and he needs it to keep e at bay it's fine

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I personally wouldn't. I think the least amount of AI's needed the better. Some way overdo AI usage. But everyone is different.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I personally wouldn't. I think the least amount of AI's needed the better. Some way overdo AI usage. But everyone is different.

We are only talking about running what is needed to keep his estrogen in normal range on a trt dose of test. I think the benefit certainly outweighs the risk of having elevated estrogen year round