©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Alcohols effects on the weekend alcoholic

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Here are a couple of studies of the effects of alcohol on those who like to imbibe occasionally.
Better stock up on the tribulus and anti-estrogens.

Alcoholic beverages as a source of estrogens.

Gavaler JS.

Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, University of Oklahoma College of Public Health, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA.

Alcoholic beverages contain not only alcohol but also numerous other substances (i.e., congeners) that may contribute to the beverages' physiological effects. Plants used to produce alcoholic beverages contain estrogenlike substances (i.e., phytoestrogens). Observations that men with alcoholic cirrhosis often show testicular failure and symptoms of feminization have suggested that alcoholic beverages may contain biologically active phytoestrogens as congeners. Biochemical analyses have identified several phytoestrogens in the congeners of bourbon, beer, and wine. Studies using subjects who produced no estrogen themselves (i.e., rats whose ovaries had been removed and postmenopausal women) demonstrated that phytoestrogens in alcoholic beverage congeners exerted estrogenlike effects in both animals and humans. Those effects were observed even at moderate drinking levels.

PMID: 15706799 [PubMed - in process]

Alcohol's effects on male reproduction.
Posted by LiftsIron@AtomicalMuscle
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alcohol Health Res World. 1998;22(3):195-201. Related Articles, Links

Alcohol's effects on male reproduction.

Emanuele MA, Emanuele NV.

Department of Medicine, Division of Research on Drugs of Abuse, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois, USA.

The male reproductive system consists of the hypothalamus, the anterior pituitary gland, and the testes. Alcohol can interfere with the function of each of these components, thereby causing impotence, infertility, and reduced male secondary sexual characteristics. In the testes, alcohol can adversely affect the Leydig cells, which produce and secrete the hormone testosterone. Studies found that heavy alcohol consumption results in reduced testosterone levels in the blood. Alcohol also impairs the function of the testicular Sertoli cells that play an important role in sperm maturation. In the pituitary gland, alcohol can decrease the production, release, and/or activity of two hormones with critical reproductive functions, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone. Finally, alcohol can interfere with hormone production in the hypothalamus

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Great post DR. I officially started my cycle today and ended my drinking. I did however go out with a bang! After 7 double jack and cokes,
1 flaming Dr. Pepper, and a shot of 151, I don't want to drink for a long time!!!

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
STEELADDICTION said:
Great post DR. I officially started my cycle today and ended my drinking. I did however go out with a bang! After 7 double jack and cokes,
1 flaming Dr. Pepper, and a shot of 151, I don't want to drink for a long time!!!

A bang is definitly what you went out on. :D

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Blackbird said:
You almost went out on a stretcher.

My mothers side of the family has given me a very high tolerance for alcohol. This makes bodybuilding even more important to me because it keeps me away from turning into an alcoholic!!

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Whatever it takes. I have a close relative in NA and it takes more than a hobby to keep him straight.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Blackbird said:
Whatever it takes. I have a close relative in NA and it takes more than a hobby to keep him straight.

If it takes giving up alcohol to be a better bodybuilder, no brainer for me. Bodybuilding makes me much happier than drinking does! :D :D

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Man it's so funny that we were even talking about this. I'll come clean, it's my brother who is in NA. I had gotten him into training this past year and he gained an amazing 14lbs in 3 months, natural. So last night he comes to me and says he's going back to the gym tomorrow.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Blackbird said:
Man it's so funny that we were even talking about this. I'll come clean, it's my brother who is in NA. I had gotten him into training this past year and he gained an amazing 14lbs in 3 months, natural. So last night he comes to me and says he's going back to the gym tomorrow.

That's awsome Bird. Not only did you introduce your brother to the wonderful world of bodybuilding, you also gained a workout partner plus the great feeling that you played a very important role in helping your brother fight the battle. I wish your brother all the best in his fight. It's so easy to fall victim to alcoholism. I know for me, there is nothing else that can influence me the way bodybuilding does. Fuck the booze, who needs it!! I can't believe I just said that! :eek:

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
STEELADDICTION said:
That's awsome Bird. Not only did you introduce your brother to the wonderful world of bodybuilding, you also gained a workout partner plus the great feeling that you played a very important role in helping your brother fight the battle. I wish your brother all the best in his fight. It's so easy to fall victim to alcoholism. I know for me, there is nothing else that can influence me the way bodybuilding does. Fuck the booze, who needs it!! I can't believe I just said that! :eek:

LOL Steel...The booze god's wrath is comming!!! But seriously great job Bird! I also workout with my brother who has battled with drugs and booze (2 DUI's on his record.) I'm no saint, but I have always been able to get him to settle down a bit and not be such a wild man. I also feel there is no buzz like the kind we all get from the IRON!!! I feel soooo good when I finish a workout! Good ole human endorphines...the all natural opiate!

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Bizarro said:
So the take away is: Alcohol bad, testorone good.

Testosterone is our friend.

You want to know what a rush is? It's when you walk in a room and your chest and arms are so thick you hear everyone in the room take a gasp followed by that low buzz because they are all talking about you. How does he do that? I bet he's taking roids.
The first time I ever heard it, I was in a court room and this cop walked into court who had at least 20 inch arms. His uniform shirt looked like they had to stretch to accomodate them. I was just sitting there daydreaming waiting for court to start (I think I had a ticket) and all of a sudden I hear a gasp go across the room, so I had to look and see what it was. Everyone is staring at this cop in the front of the room who had entered and rested his elbows on a desk in the front of the courtroom. For about 5 minutes everyone was so busy talking about the size of this guys arms, the judge actually had to call the court back to order.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Blackbird said:

That's cool. I believe everyone has an energy that has to be expressed. because we are the image of our creator, we have a need to create or the closest equivalent, build. If we don't focus it in a positive direction, we end up doing self destructive things, but that energy will be expressed one way or another. Our job is to harness that energy and focus it in a positive direction.