©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Protein?

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
Ok, I understand that the body can only obsord 5grams of creatine every couple of hours. Does this concept go for protein as well? if so , how much per hour? And Should I only take 10 grams of creatine a day? 5 before and 5 after working out? And what about rest days? Do I take the creatine then too?

Thanks again

smikey

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
As far as protein goes, I'll tell you what I've learned. It is up for debate, but normally your body can process 1-2grams of protein per lb of body weight per day. However when you are on gear the tolerances are much higher so you may want to go with 40-50grams every 3-4 hours. Now I'm taking a chance here, but each meal should consist of 50%protein,40%carbs,10% fat. I'll tell you what, don't take my word for it let the pros answer this a little better than I have, but I think I'm close.

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Yeah, Im not a pro either but I would estimate the body can consume/process about 40 grams every 2 hours or so...if Im off its not by much

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
There is a lot of debate about when/how much to take creatine.

Some will tell you to go through a "loading" phase and have 5 grams 4 times a day spread throughout the day for 7 days and then for maintenance have 5 grams before and after working out. Many will tell you to have the 5 grams BEFORE the workout with just water and the 5 grams AFTER the work out with a fruit juice (like grape juice) because it is better transported....

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
smikey211 said:
Ok, I understand that the body can only obsord 5grams of creatine every couple of hours. Does this concept go for protein as well? if so , how much per hour? And Should I only take 10 grams of creatine a day? 5 before and 5 after working out? And what about rest days? Do I take the creatine then too?

Thanks again

smikey
You need to keep constant levels of creatine just like juice, so if you are going to use it, keep levels topped off by using it every day. When I use creatine, I take it first thing in the morning, again around noon and again after my workout, 7 days a week.

As far as protein goes, it depends on who you talk to. Some insist you can only process 40 to 45 grams at one sitting. Others say the more you use it the more you learn to assimilate.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
The major difference being that Creatine can be converted into creatinine in the body which can be rough on the kidneys. I use a blend that has creatine, L-Glutamine, and Taurine (SAN V-12 Turbo). The pumps are sick!!

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
Freejay said:
The major difference being that Creatine can be converted into creatinine in the body which can be rough on the kidneys. I use a blend that has creatine, L-Glutamine, and Taurine (SAN V-12 Turbo). The pumps are sick!!

is that an otc blend or personal mix?

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
smikey211 said:
is that an otc blend or personal mix?

You can buy it anywhere (especially online.) It is made by the company SAN. I think it is like 30 or 40 bucks for a 625grams. The scoop is very small so although the jug looks small there are lots of doses in it. I personally like the grape.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I believe that if you buy the right kind of creatine their is no reason for you to go through a loading phase. But just like any other supplement you have to maintain the dosage throughout usage.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Oracle is correct. Loading is old school. Some of the new creatines don't require loading, but you do need to keep a consistant level in the blood just like AAS. As to the gains, al I can go by is my own personal experience. My little Bro and I work out together, and I use Creatine he dosent. I get way more pumped up and vascular in the gym than he does. I also believe I recover much faster due to the product.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
oracle said:
I believe that if you buy the right kind of creatine their is no reason for you to go through a loading phase. But just like any other supplement you have to maintain the dosage throughout usage.

And what is the right brand of creatine to buy Mr. Perfect Specimen?