©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Why don't Docs prescribe Aromasin?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Can anyone shed some insight as to why doctors that routinely prescribe an AI for TRT patients only seem to script Arimidex and not Aromasin? Has anyone tried to get their Endo to script Aromasin instead? What was their answer?

I did a few quick google searches and Arimidex does seem to have been more thoroughly studied in men, but not by a significant margin IMO. there's still only 3 or 4 good studies of Aromasin on male patients.

Is it a money issue? Is Aromasin that much more expensive? I know insurance companies always want the doc to start with the cheapest possible medication first.

Granted, Arimidex is the more convenient dosing schedule of the 2, with only e3d dosing vs daily with Aromasin. But if the doc is basing the decision on that fact alone, I'd be looking for a new doctor.

Any ideas guys?

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
Because it is only FDA approved for usage by women with cancer. My endocrinologist gave me an OTC called Dim Estro. I will be getting bloods in January.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
FDA approval doesn't matter. That I'm aware of, Arimidex isn't FDA approved for treating low T in men either. Both should be able to be prescribed as what's called "off label use" at the doctors' discretion.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I know its more expensive thats for sure and your dr may have some deal with the dex rep salesman who is from a huge pharm company who may have set up contracts to prescribe dex only at every scammin dr office they can make a deal with..
Its how huge usa pharmas work with clinics and hospitols..

Dimm is widely used as a natural anti e .its made from chemical found in broccolli.. i use dimm over a med any day if i can get away with just that..

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
WTH, it's been my experience that a lot of doctors will tell you "I cannot" prescribe that, when what they really mean is "I will not" prescribe that. Even though they end in the same result, they're two very different statements. Anytime me doctor tells he "can't" do something, I always push the issue as far as I have to in order to get to the real reason behind it. And if they truly cannot do something, they should be obligated to explain why to your satisfaction.

That's ultimately why I started this thread. I want to figure out if they truly can't or simply won't script Aromasin, and the real reason/explanation behind whichever it turns out to be.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Because most Dr's do not really understand how our endocrine system works. I haven't seen any Dr's prescribe just Adex for low T but i have seen some prescribing Clomid

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
That's why I got to an endocrinologist, she knows her shit. We talked about aromasin and we both agree it would be best but she can't give me a prescription for it.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
That's why I got to an endocrinologist, she knows her shit. We talked about aromasin and we both agree it would be best but she can't give me a prescription for it.

If you can find a good endo Dr hold on to them... They are few and far in between!!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Just to clarify Jim, I wasn't referring to Aromasin or Arimidex being prescribed solo to treat low T, but as an ancillary to go along with TRT.

WTH, did she ever give u a real reason why she can't? Or did she just say she can't and left it there?

WTHagain1

Banned
Oct 26, 2013
Just to clarify Jim, I wasn't referring to Aromasin or Arimidex being prescribed solo to treat low T, but as an ancillary to go along with TRT.

WTH, did she ever give u a real reason why she can't? Or did she just say she can't and left it there?

Because it's solely for women with cancer. Granted the off label use would be for use during trt. But she can't prescribe it to a man.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Men can and do get breast cancer.

I suspect it's a combination of laziness and fear that's driving this behavior. That, and the aforementioned BS contracts with pharma companies.

I'm so frustrated with docs refusing to lift a finger or open a book or read a study on our behalf. I want to hold mine down and tattoo the fucking Hippocratic oath on his face.

Mine refused my request for an antibiotic, so I told him I'd get it online myself. He said I couldn't, I said I would, but it would suck if I got the wrong one or took the wrong dose.

He finally gave up the info. I leveraged him with fear. Maybe that can work for you.

"I've been taking something I think is exemestane instead of what you prescribed me..."

Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles

Gotcha that makes more sense! Many Dr's will not give an ai

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I agree Jim, many won't script an AI. I'm just trying to understand why the one's that will refuse to script anything other than Arimidex. I'm starting to wonder if it does just boil down to money. Maybe the doctors that will prescribe AIs do have some sort of exclusivity agreement in place with the makers of Arimidex.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I agree Jim, many won't script an AI. I'm just trying to understand why the one's that will refuse to script anything other than Arimidex. I'm starting to wonder if it does just boil down to money. Maybe the doctors that will prescribe AIs do have some sort of exclusivity agreement in place with the makers of Arimidex.

Honestly it just boils down to what most dr's can read out of there book. Aromasin is just not what is written in there books.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
My brother In law Is a pharm rep and places do make "contracts" with clinics and Drs which control the clinic to push there crap.. It's big money .. He doesn't share . :(

Neural

Mar 2, 2014
As a physician, I can state that these contracts do not exist. (Or if they do, they are NOT common). I have interactions with the biggest and richest pharm companies( I do lectures on drugs, etc).

Quit believing the damn media and their portrayal of physicians as puppets of pharma. Your fucking politicians are the puppets.

It's asinine to think that physicians are big pharmacy puppets. I'm Sure there are a few, but the vast majority only rx what they're comfortable with. If your doc hasn't rx'd something before and you're interested in it? Bring in your research that supports it for what your after. Most doctors are open to something if the research backs it up. If they're not? You don't want them as your doc anyway.

There are preferences to what I prescribe and why: largely driven by what I'm comfortable with and familiar with prescribing.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
LOL..whats funny is countrys that provide free healthcare to their people prefer to prescribe herbs over big pharmacys if they can. And herbs can work just as well as some big pharmacy medicine with less sides ..

Gettinripped

Jan 5, 2013
I'm working on getting TRT for myself. I've got a pharmascist for a friend. He hooked me up with Test C. I asked him about aromasin, he freaked! His cost was$600 for 30 pills.

Maybe it's both. Docs don't prescribe due to cost, but then they don't have any knowledge about it either, due to not prescribing it.

I don't know.