©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Low prolactin levels tied to sexual dysfunction in men?

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Not surprised at all....I give anti-psychotic meds all day that boost dopamine and crash prolactin on lab work (psych ward lab work is different). Most of the guys complain about their sex drive being shit. We also give alot of meds that cause gyno....

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
prolactin iswhat influences the refractory period after orgasm. You know the
quit touching my shit i'm sensitve feeling after busting.
It also effects erection quality. Low prolactin =very intense orgasms as well.
Still use caution and be very conservative with caber /dost /prami etc.
I think an elite level powerlifting psych nurse would agree. J/K
Hey Psych been training evenings but back to mornings soon. See you at the gym. T

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
It did specify at the end of the article that high levels of prolactin can cause the same issues, according to other studies. I'd guess that, just like testosterone and estrogen, there's an acceptable range that prolactin levels should fall into. And, at both the high end and low end of that range there is the chance of sexual issues.

Psych is definitely right as well. Lots of anti-psychotic drugs as well as anti-depression drugs have been known for years to cause sexual dysfunction as a side effect. And most of those drugs regulate dopamine and prolactin as a mechanism of action.

I don't think there's anything really ground breaking there, just a study that confirms what pharma companies and healthcare workers have known for years.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Low prolactin would be the last thing you'd want with psych issues.
Low prolactin levels has many getting really loose with sexual behavior.
Too low estro and you can have sexual performance issue and also with too high can cause issues . I don't think there are a lot of psych drugs that work through prolactin regulation. At least that I am aware of. Dopamine, seretonin
and other neurotransmitters yes .
I don't believe 100% of what you read in the journals . I''ve read plenty and have found mostly great info and some questionable.
Some of us here are old enough to remember the anabolic "warning" in the
pdr way back when . That was the biggest lie in print I can remember.
Thanks , T...

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Too low estro and you can have sexual performance issue and also with too high can cause issues . I don't think there are a lot of psych drugs that work through prolactin regulation. At least that I am aware of. Dopamine, seretonin
I don't believe 100% of what you read in the journals . I''ve read plenty and have found mostly great info and some questionable.
Thanks , T...

Psych meds are more conservative in what gets through and passed into circulation.
1. Smaller population of patient need them
2. They are like a shotgun to the brain while heart meds are a sniper rifle. Psych meds are like smacking your tv when it's fuzzy and what happens, happens.
3.Hard to test on humans with them.
4. $$$$$
5. Pharm companies :banghead:

I agree with the not believing the journals thing. But stats can be a funny thing. It falls into perspective of what your looking for and the outcomes based on the testing hypothesis. I can can say you have a higher chance of being mugged when eating ice cream. REASON its summer time and people wear less clothes and are out in public more. Its how you spin it/interpret the findings.

Steroid users reading journals tend to come to weird conclusion....bro science. Good intention, good means, bad end. BUT most doctors are FUCKING CLUELESS WHEN IT COMES TO ANABOLICS. Finding a good endocrinologist is like finding a hot girl that cooks.......keep that shit!!!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Thanks , T...

Thats some really interesting thoughts,,,you really have me thinking.
I agree as well,,,I dont always believe everything those journals put out.