©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Greg Kovacs Pass On @44yo

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Yeah I saw that too. Lost another brother of steel and a nice guy whom I met in California in a grocery store of all places 3 yrs ago. R.I.P. Greg..

Was he larger than you expected, in person?

Extremely sad news, especially for his family.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Another bodybuilder that dies from heart failure.

When will we recognize that the worst side effects of gear isn't bitch tits or mood swings....instead its cholesterol and heart/cardiovascular issues. Get off the tren, orals, and anything else that raises hematocrit and rbc's and live longer.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Another bodybuilder that dies from heart failure.

When will we recognize that the worst side effects of gear isn't bitch tits or mood swings....instead its cholesterol and heart/cardiovascular issues. Get off the tren, orals, and anything else that raises hematocrit and rbc's and live longer.

Not trying to be a douche but had to say something not all bodybuilder or people that use aas drop dead from liver or heart failure not all bodybuilders die young.
This guy was a freaking monster in size 420 in the off season? ...that much mass takes its toll on the heart in shape or not and aas doesnt have to be the culprit every time he may have been the most responsible aas user ever and had a genetic predisposition to heart issues who knows other than his doctor....in short I guess what Im saying is from what ive read this guy was a really nice guy and an standout in this sport so lets not stain his memory by demonizing his use of aas...just say prayer for his family and honor his memory and accomplishments rest in peace brother you will be missed.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Not trying to be a douche but had to say something not all bodybuilder or people that use aas drop dead from liver or heart failure not all bodybuilders die young.
This guy was a freaking monster in size 420 in the off season? ...that much mass takes its toll on the heart in shape or not and aas doesnt have to be the culprit every time he may have been the most responsible aas user ever and had a genetic predisposition to heart issues who knows other than his doctor....in short I guess what Im saying is from what ive read this guy was a really nice guy and an standout in this sport so lets not stain his memory by demonizing his use of aas...just say prayer for his family and honor his memory and accomplishments rest in peace brother you will be missed.

I wasn't trying to stain his memory or demonize his aas usage. My point was simply that heart issues plague the sport of bodybuilding which is a direct result of high rbc count, high hematocrit and jacked up cholesterol levels. Mike Arnold has written about this extensively. Maybe he did have a predisposition to heart problems and if that's the case then gear didn't help it. I mean have u seen pics of this guy? He's a specimen....you don't get that big by running just primo and a little test.

On a side note, Kovacs was one of my favorite bbers back in the day because of his sheer size. The man was very impressive.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Ya he isnt just a member of the "jesus thats a big mother fucker" club he was the prez for sure.

Thor

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 6, 2012
Wow

Thats really too bad, I met him years ago and glad I have a pic of me with him, he was very easygoing and Very large.R.I.P. big Greg

ericraven

Apr 3, 2013
Is it really surprising? Nice guy or not. Massive weight, huge amount of gear, and gh lead to bad out comes when you hit 40. I am thankful I was scared to ever do large amounts. Moderation in everything.