©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New kid on the block

g0hardorgohome

Dec 1, 2013
Hello!

I just found out about this forum and decided to join in. Some of you may know me from other boards.

I'm from Scandinavia... Been training regularly since 2008 and I lately turned to the dark side. Long term goal is to become huge but in the mean time I want to compete in powerlifting. My first meet is next Saturday but my achilles tendon started acting up lately so we'll se if I'll be able to lift...

I like to train heavy, fuck dem giant sets.

g0hardorgohome

Dec 1, 2013
Welcome brother! How about throwin out some stats?
Thanks!

I'm 24 years old, been training since 2008 and turned to dark side lately (testosterone at conservative dose).

5'8", 177lbs with about 10% bodyfat (can be higher, haven't measured).. Been trying to stay light and lean but soon it's time to start growing.

Shooting for 520lbs pull next Sunday, raw without belt. Never learnt to take advantage of it.. Been training "bodybuilding" style but lately I became more interested about powerlifting because I have always gained strength more easily than muscle mass. But my training is still more "powerbuilding" than actual powerlifting.

Eating 4200-4300kcals/day now (270-280g of protein, 500+ grams of carbs and rest from fat) and gaining half pounds per week.

2 days old back shot:

And few training vids:
Deadlift 5x440lbs, this was 2nd time I did regular deadlifts in 1.5 years
200kg - YouTube

Front squat 3x300lbs
3x135kg - YouTube

Old vid of me doing SLDL's with 375lbs... Warmup weight today!
SJMV 6x170kg - YouTube

g0hardorgohome

Dec 1, 2013
Very strong lifts, especially at 177 and moderate use. Good luck at your meet and keep us posted!
Thanks!

I'm taking 500-600mg of test/week, size gains are not huge with so little calorie surplus but strength definitely is better session after session and I stay lean. Gotta keep trying, it would be cool to have traps like in your avatar picture some day (yes, I'm jelly).. Heavy deadlifts seems to help with that!

Sadly my upper body lifts are not nearly as strong as lower body lifts even though size-wise my upper body is far better.. Weird.

I'll keep you posted! It's possible that I'll do only bench press and/or military bench press on that meet even though my original plan was to pull there but my right achilles tendon hates me right now so we'll see... It's a small meet of our great team so I'll at least participate in it even though I can't bench huge numbers!

Last edited: