©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New to TRT and curious about PIP

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
So as some of you know I just started TRT. My first injection was done in my delt by a nurse at the clinic.. I just did my second Sunday night in my quad myself and it is much more painful then the first.. I have read some posts of guys talking about bad PIP with different compounds and them being practically unable to walk for days. Mine is not nearly that bad but it is pretty sore still now 2 days later.. it is the first injection of anything into the muscle so I am assuming it is just normal but I just thought I'd bring it up. It feels about like a bad Charlie horse or like I hit it on something. Kinda like post leg day DOMS but only in that outer head of my thigh.

I'm doing a 1ml inj test C at 200mg/ml once every 2 weeks. So it's not a huge dose. maybe I just a nerve or it's just the virgin muscle.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
First off, I'd split it into two .5ml weekly injections to keep serum test levels more stable. On pip, you will get used to it after a short time.

Injections by pretty nurses never have as much pip as jabbing yourself in the thigh.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Quads always leave me with more pip than delts but like chris said you get used to it... long as is the injection site isnt infected its just normal pip and it will go away soon enough.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I agree with the above. Split it to once or even better twice a week. Thighs kill me while shoulders, bis, tris, and lats are great. Use a 28gx1/2" insulin pin to make life much easier.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
I've thought about splitting the doses into .5ml every week. For now I'm sticking with doctors orders but after I've done a few months I will probably switch.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Sb66 Drs don't understand ester lengths in aas..so by doing 100mg once a week your hormone levels will be more even .
My dr told me same as yours. I said sure. Lol..
Most likely u tensed your quad as u pinned unconsciencely so to have a nicer time injecting get good at one arm ass cheek pins.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Most of the pain you're experiencing is just from virgin muscle being filled with oil. After a few injects in the same site it won't bother u anymore. For me it took awhile for my quads to get used to the injects. I could always feel the spot I pinned the next 2-3 days. Like you said, it feels more like a sore muscle from a good workout.

With you being new to scripted trt I can understand you really wanting to follow the docs directions. Later, when you get more comfortable with the whole process, switch to twice a week injects and it'll b even easier. The greater the volume of oil being injected, the more chance of pain in the injection site, especially for virgin muscle. I started out with .5mL injects and worked my way up from there, but the first time I ever pinned 2mL in my right thigh it felt like I stood in front of the plate and took a major league fastball to the right quad. Now, 2mL is no big deal.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Thanks sully! And IB I am thinking about switching to the .5ml ew or even .25 twice a week, rather than 1ml eow just to maintain my higher levels better. Do you think that would be a good idea? I want to do this the right way but like ib said doctors may not fully understand the different ester formulations and I could benefit from a more frequent dose.

Also Magnus mentioned using a 28g pin. Just curious what do you guys use/what would you recommend as far as needle gauge? I'm using a 22g now

Last edited:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I use 25g 1.5" pins. I'm not lean enough for 0.5" insulin pins, yet. And I found that the deeper I go, the less muscle soreness I get from the inject.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Holy cow sb66. Depending on ass size / skin thickness for you but I use 25g 1" or 28 g slin. Use the 22 to draw out of vial change tip to 25g. ..I always remove tip used to puncture the stopper and reinstall brand new. .they dull quick. Do 1/2 CC per week and just tell dr u do CC every 2 weeks brutha..

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Maybe I should ask for smaller pins then... Are they strict with them? When I filled my Rx she just gave me as many as I wanted for 50cents each. If I go in without filling an Rx will they sell them to me?

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Depends on your States law. Here I can pick them up with my groceries right off the shelf. I still choose to order since it's much cheaper. You could also check farm and feed supply stores if you have any near by, they usually carry them.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Like Magnus said sb66

One more tip.
When u go in to buy take an old wrapper of a pin so u can say I'd like 20 of these.. if the white suit monkeys ask questions you say . "I am a custom furniture designer and use them for intricate glueing.." or my other go to answer. " I am a fishing guide and use them to inject air into a worm to float it bitch.. " I never have been not sold any as fear put forth makes any " no sorry" into" how many ib ? " fill it bitch..

Last edited:

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Ok good to know! I can probably handle the 22g for a bit longer. I have to go pick up the second half of my prescription in a couple weeks (they didn't have enough in stock) so that will be a perfect time to get more. At a smaller gauge. Do the 28g work ok for drawing out of the vial or is it really necessary to switch pins? 22 for draw 28 for injection

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Ok good to know! I can probably handle the 22g for a bit longer. I have to go pick up the second half of my prescription in a couple weeks (they didn't have enough in stock) so that will be a perfect time to get more. At a smaller gauge. Do the 28g work ok for drawing out of the vial or is it really necessary to switch pins? 22 for draw 28 for injection

If you are patient - you can draw with the 28... it just takes a couple minutes. Or just use a 22 to back-load the slins. I draw and shoot LFA gear with 29's cuz I don't mind waiting a minute or two for the pin to fill. Warm oil speeds the process up a little.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
28 will draw but it's slow. Probably 2 min per mL. Heat your oil in a hot cup of water first to speed it up. Also to help draw pull back an empty plunger to the amount you want. Then cut a toothpick or piece of ridgid wire the distance from the top of the barrels finger holds to the plungers cap. Now lay the vial on its side, insert pin, draw, and put your new stick or wire in between the barrels finger tabs and the plungers cap. You then no longer have to hold it while it fills and it gives you the exact dose every time

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
28 will draw but it's slow. Probably 2 min per mL. Heat your oil in a hot cup of water first to speed it up. Also to help draw pull back an empty plunger to the amount you want. Then cut a toothpick or piece of ridgid wire the distance from the top of the barrels finger holds to the plungers cap. Now lay the vial on its side, insert pin, draw, and put your new stick or wire in between the barrels finger tabs and the plungers cap. You then no longer have to hold it while it fills and it gives you the exact dose every time

Hmm clever!.. we have a gear head MacGyver on our hands lol