©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Road to State

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
OK I'm gonna be setting up my training log for the USPF Illinois state 2014. This is a powerlifting log sooooooo don't ask me diet shit lol :naughty1:.

This meet I'm doing push/pull only. I'm trying to focus on hammering my dead and going to the 242 weight class. I'm 235 now and don't plan on cutting weight cause I want to hit big numbers and have fun. Cutting weight for anything besides Nationals and Worlds or big meets is a waste.

Diet is cabs on the night before heavy days and on heavy days. Cardio 20 minutes after workouts. Not planning on cutting but this helps with keeping weigh down because I still need to stay under 240.

My training looks like this:

Monday: Squat and speed pulls

Tues:OFF

Wednesday: Bench (breaking in new shirt single ply)

Thursday: Shoulders

Friday: Deadlift and grip work.

Saturday: Speed bench and random arm shit

Sunday: OFF

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
This should be cool. Reminds me a lot of how I worked out when I was younger.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I'm definately interested in this log. How long are your workouts and are you on any kind of cycle?

Length depends on a few things: between 1 hour to 2 hours. My heavy training cycle for big meets is often 2-3 hours in the am and 1-2 hours at night in the same day.

1. How much sleep and food I got in me (I bounce at a club for extra cash and it' 5:10 am now I just got home)

2. School

3. How many people I got to spot me. ex In my shirt I do reps with 600+ so I need 3 guys to give me a hand off. Quads has a large percentage of it's members that compete in their field; powerlifting, bodybuilding, fitness, etc. So I have no problem giving pointers to another person or help spot someone else during my training sessions. Also I am easily distracted. LOL

4. If I'm "crabby"

5. Injuries

6. My gym is in the hood so if it snows no motherfucker plows shit AND there is no heat in that shit hole.

7. If there is a crew of other powerlifters then there is a rotation on who goes.

Cycle wise yes. I'm a big believer in moderate dosage/long cycle length. I never go above 600mg of test a week. I'll run tren ace 100mg EOD about 10 weeks out, 25mg of dbol for 12 straight weeks, and IV metatest every friday before I pull. Also IGF-LR3 AT 11mcg 30day on, 2 weeks off.

Last edited:

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Ok first workout.

I use Ivanko kilo plates so my numbers may be weird to the uninitiated...but we are initiated (Bane ;p).

Squat with squat bar (thicker, longer, 55pounds/25 kilo) barx10, 275x8, 384x5, 452 2x10. As the weeks go on I'll add wraps and a belt.

Speed pulls with the squat bar. The extra thickness helps with grip and it will never bend Which is great for teaching proper pulling position. FYI you always want to bend a deadlift bar before you pull. Thats why deadlift bars are thinner and are more pliable, want that whip. Will use one on deadlift day*

Speed pull 451 with a pro strong band stretched over it length wise and I stand on it 8x1 1 minute break between pulls.

Single leg press 330 2x12

Single leg extension 60 2x15

Abductor 110 3x10

Standingle single leg hamstring curl 80 2x10

100 pound gripper 4x15 each hand

150 pound gripper static holds 2 x failure

Last edited:

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I've been trying to see if there are any USPF meets in my area but the only meet I can find on the USPF page is for Nats? How did you find out about the Illinois meet?

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Lance Karrabel the USPF president is a friend of mine and I train at his gym. He is in Chicago and always has the Illinois state meet. The USPF website will post it when he does. I will also post it here, it is gonna be the end of March or first week of April. Dude your in Illinois? Get your ass to Quads!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
USPF so are you doing single ply? Are you training in a multi ply shirt? Just trying to follow along for my own benefit.

Thanks,
Hawk

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
USPF so are you doing single ply? Are you training in a multi ply shirt? Just trying to follow along for my own benefit.

Thanks,
Hawk

WPF AND USPF are all single. Always been single ply. Nope single ply shirt, best at 220 was 650 for a double, gym lift though.

STP

Nov 27, 2013
Definitely in on this log. Looking forward to seeing how you do at your meet

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
OK....

No bench day since the gym was closed for NewYears day.....fuckin stupid. You would think they would be busy with people signing up for new memberships. Any way it's a blessing in disguise since I have a cold.

Thursday-shoulders

Warm up cardio 10 minutes

Standing over head press machine thing. (I use the old school Maximus cast-iron machine cause I can slame it, use a stack instead of plates, don't have to clean it, and it's in the corner so I can be crabby/shitty. It's snowing like a mother fucker in Chicago and YES NO ONE PLOWED JACK SHIT AT MY GYM! Fuck pre-workouts that shit just pisses me off.)
90x12, 100x12, 110x12, 120x12, 130x12.

Side flys dumb bells 10x15, 15x12, 20x12, 25x12.

Rear flys hammer machine 4x15

Front raises dumb bells 25x12, 30x12, 35x10, 40x10

Easy day, AND I'm sure Dayquil and dbol are a bad combo....