©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

can you fight fat with fat???

ValleyDoll1

Jan 21, 2014
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, wanted to say hello to everyone :D
I have been weight training for a little over 15 months and I compete in the bikini division for the NPC
There seems to be many different opinions on fighting fat with healthy fats such as omega 3s, CLA, coconut oils, etc. Besides other health benefits such as heart health , lowering blood pressure, etc... does it also help in cutting body fat????

All replies appreciated

Thanks y'all :sport-smiley-003:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Welcome to AnaSCI:)

There are plenty here that will be able to chime in on this subject!

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Good question. I don't know the answer but I'm interested to see the responses.

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
I'm not the smartest person here, but I believe that is the whole premise of the ketogenic diet.

You feed the body mostly fats and to a lesser extent protein with VERY little carbs until the body enters ketosis. At that point you have switched your body over to using fat as it's primary source of fuel. That works to eliminate body fat as well.

Edit: I have never done a ketogenic diet. Just my understanding from past research I have done.

exactly

Ataraxia

Oct 29, 2012
True a Keto diet uses your own fat, and switches your body to use fat as a primary fuel source vs carbs... but i think she means will eating healthy fats, MCTs, or supplementing with them help or increase body fat loss while NOT in ketosis.

I'm not the smartest person here, but I believe that is the whole premise of the ketogenic diet.

You feed the body mostly fats and to a lesser extent protein with VERY little carbs until the body enters ketosis. At that point you have switched your body over to using fat as it's primary source of fuel. That works to eliminate body fat as well.

Edit: I have never done a ketogenic diet. Just my understanding from past research I have done.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
One of the only fats with the ability to do this is coconut oil due to its medium chain triglycerides (mct). Mcts (primarily lauric acud) are not stored like other long chained oils, but are sent directly to the liver for immediate and sustained energy. Since the body cannot store Mcts, it promotes fat burning. Although it has the ability to increase yout metabolism, I think it would be more effective in a keto diet.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Welcome ValleyDoll. As magnus states mct and cla can be used simply due to it being used as energy thus more calorie and fat burning IMO..
Maybe, can you post some of daily workout sessions so we see a woman's take on fitness ? Thks :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Google up John Parillo . He was way ahead of the curve with mct's and fat loss. Good luck go buy some keto stix and go on a dark purple mission.
T