©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Got any Hobbies?

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
What do you guys do when your not lifting weights, tossing iron, crashing planets into each other, breathing fire, filling holes, or playing air guitar? The only hobbie i have would be wakeboarding but seeing as i live in Canada and pretty much have 8 months of winter that only leaves 3 months warm enough to go in the water and wakeboard, i also ride snowmobiles sometimes out at the lake or play some video games with the girlfriends brother but i dont do either of these enough to call them hobbies. So what do you guys do? I dont give a fuk if you collect stamps or whatever. I just wanna hear it all.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I use to coon hunt a lot and plan on starting back this summer. Other than thaty and lifting Isoend a lot of time with the kids.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I read ALOT mostly philosophy, I have a BA in philosophy as well as psych.

I use to paint models (figurines) and sketch....not a very social person.

I have a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and competed in NAGA (north american grappling association) and love judo. Powerlifting replaced this...

joshck

Banned
Aug 5, 2013
Trying to think of ways to make money on the side lol I hate paying taxes....I use to be a welder and my brother in law is a machinist and we would make stuff for fun..I use to breed American bullies(pitbulls) for fun and showed them at dogs shows just about everywhere but where I lived got on to me about my dogs and forced me to get rid of them....

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013

I have a blue belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and competed in NAGA (north american grappling association) and love judo. Powerlifting replaced this...

I have no idea what you look like or how big you are but this post makes me think of Beast from the X-Men haha just this big furry blue bad ass genius haha

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I have 3 girls, enough said! Lol! I used to collect pussies like IB but my last one just wasn't having it and had to give it up. Now I like to hunt, garden, and cook. Practiced Brazilian jujitsu and did a lot of mountain biking. I also have a large acreage I enjoy maintaining, and in the winter I like to sew, don't ask!

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Damn guys, nice to see so many fellow weight lifters that enjoy having a nice cat collection....

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013

Also have a ba in philosophy and comparative religious studies... Also have been training and teaching MMA/Muay Thai/ BJJ for years now- funny stuff

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Motorcycles . Raced for many years . Was big into stunting also a few years back. Love all bikes . My S/n comes from my love of Turboed busa's.
Sold my Turbo a couple years back. Was a fast one 2 stage 330 rwhp
170 ftlbs torgue. would pull redline in 6th with ease (224mph) Had a ton of normally aspirated busa's as well. Thinking about the 2015 zook which will be
3rd gen busa. Maybe one more turbo with really big hp 400-500 for my daily rider.
Then again I'm starting to appreciate that I'm still here so could just be a roadking. What I'd really like is the new Indian . Big $ though about 22k.
My other thing is fishing. Love to fish love the outdoors.
Have a potential fishing partner but he stays up way too late and would probably not get up on time to go fish. Oh yeah I like writing too.
I would say family but they are my life not a hobby... Thanks, T..

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Wow guys! I did not see some of those coming!
Big-John/ Good luck with the hunting brother, i have a friend who is a passionate hunter and tries to drag me out into the woods with him every year. i think maybe next year ill take a couple days off work and go with him.
Psych/ Nothin wrong with not being a social butterfly, In highschool i was always crazy nice to the "not social" kids. And i cant say im suprised with your degrees, whenever i see you post it is usualy a very intelligent answer with a couple big words i have trouble pronouncing.. yes i talk when i read lol thats one of the reasons i dont read alot, another is i just dont seem to enjoy it.
LC/ Ive never heard of that game but if it is anything like World of warcraft i have seen what that does to peoples lives. Lots of my close friends have wasted years of their lives on that game. One buddie of mine has lost jobs, friends, relationships because of it. As for the book man, Giver! If you ever have it published ill pick up a few dozen coppies from amazon lol. Hacking is realy interesting to me, i obviously dont understand it but i always hear about the ANNONYMOUS hack group that do all the cool hacks on big companies lol
Joshck/ Uugh im with you on the taxes bro, they suck balls! There is good money in pitbulls why did you stop breeding them? are they illegal? im not sure about Canada in general but in Alberta atleast they are 100% legal. I see lots of them o the sidewalks getting walked or at the dog parks. A friendd of mines mom breeds Bulldogs. She says its ALOT of work but each dog sells for $2,000-$4,000 in the end.
Chrisr116/ I envy your hobbies and most likley your lifestyle. Im a city person now but until age 7 i lived on the farm, and LOVED it.

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Magnus/ WOW buddie 3 girls, Good to hear your comfortable and have a nice piece of land to raise kids on.
Enigmatic707/ Good job on the degrees man, school was just never my thing. As for the mma and stuff. (gonna try make this short) I was in boxing from age 6-17 and went as far as representing canada at the Jr.Worlds taking home 3rd place due to 3 dislocated knuckles, one fractured knuckle, and 2 floating fingers from being dislocated from dislocated knuckles lol ANyways my dads got a whole closet full of trophies and medals from my boxing, ive won 1st place at the east coast games, westers canadian games, and most regionals from western alberta to western ontario. Fighting just always kinda came naturaly to me, ANyways i dont do any of that any more for reasons i dont feel need to be talked about. But hey man if you have the time go for it. It keeps you in shape and is awesome for cardio and gettin ripped.
Turbo/ Thats impressive! i was never realy a bike guy, no street bikes nor dirtbikes. A turbo hayabusa is INSANITY!!!! Oh man if you get a new one just get a cruiser lol a couple friends of mine recently got streetbikes i joked about going to buy a suit for their funeral.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
I play semi pro football. Well I might be done. haven't decided yet.
Play guitar.. haven't picked it up much the past few years but I use to play a lot. Had a few bands over the years. Nothing big but it was fun to jam.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Motorcycles . Raced for many years . Was big into stunting also a few years back. Love all bikes . My S/n comes from my love of Turboed busa's.
Sold my Turbo a couple years back. Was a fast one 2 stage 330 rwhp
170 ftlbs torgue. would pull redline in 6th with ease (224mph) Had a ton of normally aspirated busa's as well. Thinking about the 2015 zook which will be
3rd gen busa. Maybe one more turbo with really big hp 400-500 for my daily rider.
Then again I'm starting to appreciate that I'm still here so could just be a roadking. What I'd really like is the new Indian . Big $ though about 22k.
My other thing is fishing. Love to fish love the outdoors.
Have a potential fishing partner but he stays up way too late and would probably not get up on time to go fish. Oh yeah I like writing too.
I would say family but they are my life not a hobby... Thanks, T..

Ive owned 2 bussas in my life and I can honestly say its the only bike ive ever owned that seriously scared the living shit out of me and they werent even built like yours.... one was stock and one had a power commander installed scary powerfull fast bikes brother couldnt even imagine one with 4 or 500 horse jesus thats just insanity lol

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
I play semi pro football. Well I might be done. haven't decided yet.
Play guitar.. haven't picked it up much the past few years but I use to play a lot. Had a few bands over the years. Nothing big but it was fun to jam.

Thats awesome! football and rockstar!! Why you thinkin about quitting football man? and what position you play?

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Ive owned 2 bussas in my life and I can honestly say its the only bike ive ever owned that seriously scared the living shit out of me and they werent even built like yours.... one was stock and one had a power commander installed scary powerfull fast bikes brother couldnt even imagine one with 4 or 500 horse jesus thats just insanity lol

Ya a friend of mine let me ride his suzuki gxr 700 and i almost pissed myself lol i was 16 at the time. but ya i couldnt ride sitting up because my body acted like a wind sail. so i leaned forward and that body position just scared the shit out of me, only doing like 50mph lol I bought a 2014 Mitsubishi lancer Evolution about 3 months ago tho and i love it!! AWD, 291 hp, 305 lb/t, out of a 2.0L twin turbo I4. 4 wheels is the only way for me boys lol