©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

beds?

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
I generally wake up every morning aching and stiff and I think a lot of that has to do with the crappy mattress I have. My wife and I are moving soon so one of the first purchases we’re going to make is a new mattress. My question is do any of you have one of those Tempur Pedic beds or a different type of memory gel/foam and does it help with morning soreness?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I have tried everything including the TP and memory/gel foam beds. Nothing ever seems to work long at all. Those memory foam beds made me sweat like crazy!

The wife and I are down to our final choice. We are going to be going with one of those sleep number beds. Hopefully it does a better job then anything else we've tried?

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Not the overwhelmingly positive answer I was hoping for but a good answer none the less. Those sleep number beds are crazy expensive right?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Those sleep number beds are crazy expensive right?

Unfortunately.

They have some close outs on their site and some cheaper models but if you are going to go that route, it is always best to go with top of the line.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Poop. Anything is better than my current mattress so who knows. Maybe my back will rejoice over the tempur pedic models.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
My Wife and I got one last year. We went to Sleepys and got a firm mattress with a plush top. I need a firm mattress. Go to a few places and try them suckers out before you drop a lot of dough.
Peace

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Yeah I like a firm mattress as well. I laid on a few of the memory style mattresses recently when the wife and I were shopping for other stuff and almost fell asleep in the store. I guess I won't really know until I spend 8 hours on one but if it can help me from turning over a few times during the night it will be worth it.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Last Febrary the wife and I got a king sized Serta mattress and box spring set from Sam's. It is pretty firm. Feels good. We can turn without waking each other. I'd suggest doing some research, as there are mattress deals out there on decent sets. I'm not sure how much our set ended up costing, but I believe it was under a grand.

Last edited:

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Damn under a grand is great for a mattress. I can't wait to get that king size. I'm getting to big for that tiny queen.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
My brother likes his Tempur-Pedic, but they are a bit costly. You're going to have to keep us posted on what you end up with since my wife has been bugging me about a new mattress too.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I have a tempur pedic I wouldn't buy another one felt great in the store and was great for the first three months but after that it seems it didn't feel as good and wasn't cheap around $4k I think
Most all have return guarantee just make sure if you don't like it return it before the experation date

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Do not buy the Tempur-pedic brand mattresses. There are tons of memory foam mattresses on the market that are essentially the same exact mattress for a fraction of the price.
I've got a memory foam mattress that we bought a few years ago, and for us it's great. Memory foam is all about the density of the foam. The density will be measured in pounds. The more dense, the more firm the mattress will be.
There are great deals on memory foam to be had online and in stores. I believe we bought an Ashley furniture brand memory foam mattress and spent less than a grand on the king size. The comparable Tempur-pedic mattress was almost $5000.
Tempur-pedic is the mattress industry equivalent of Bose. Their product is no better than anyone else on the market, they just have the best advertising and marketing department in the industry.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Has anyone tried one of the memory gel models? Same pricipal I guess. When we tried it out in the store it felt great. I'll keep everyone posted with what we end up purchasing.