©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Nope, still just fat

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
So, I've been dieting and leaning up slowly for a while now. Making progress, but as always it's just taking longer than I wish it did.

Anyways, this morning I get out of the shower and, as we all do, I look in the mirror and did a little flexing to check my progress and see where I'm at. And as I look myself up and down I pause when I see a line running across my mid-section and think to myself "WTF is that? Is that an abdominal muscle?"

At this point I didn't know what to do. Even at my leanest after Basic Training I didn't have abs. And I'm not even close to as lean as I was then. Then I realize I'm so excited about seeing an ab muscle that I've got a chubby going. This is one of the best mornings of my life!

So to get a better look at it I step closer to the mirror and flex again. But, it's not there this time. WTF? Where did my ab go? Turns out it was just bad lighting casting a shadow on my stomach giving me the illusion of having an ab muscle. You knew it was too good to be true, fatty.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing homey. Many of us have been there and unfortunately the mid section is the last thing to come in. Just stay faithful and keep the blinders on and focused and you will get there.

The one thing I have always loved about weight training is that it is predictable and under my control. If I diet then I am guaranteed to lose weight...if I train hard and eat enough I will gain. There are so many things in life that you can invest in that do not give back what you invest in them. Thankfully the iron is always true!

Hawk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Thank Hawk. I actually meant that post to be a funny story, but after rereading I can see that it definitely doesn't read as funny. I never could figure out how to intentionally write things that are funny.