©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Almost time!!!!!

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I rarely make actual posts I prefer to read and learn before I speak up, but with that said I couldn't help but make this thread.
I finalized my divorce back in November and have been paying alimony type payments since then. I have roughly two more months of alimony and assorted bs payments left before I will finally be able to say that part of my life is completely over. With that being said I will finally be able to fully invest in my body and bring myself to a level that I am comfortable with. I know that I shouldn't be this excited but for me it is a dream come true. I can invest in my kids and their educations as well as myself without feeling like I am being selfish or cheating someone somehow. Having that kind of weight removed is going to be such a relief that I can't help but be excited for the future.
My question to those of y'all that are divorced is this, once all was said and done did any of y'all feel this excited to start over?

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Yes! I went through one almost 4 years ago and it never felt so good to have control of my money. Same thing as you I could spend more money on me and my kids.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yes I'm in the same vote my divorce from my ex wife was finalized 4 yrs ago also. But main thing before you get into another relationship is to focus on yourself and ur kids. Go out and have fun play the field get some random. And yes I was excited and kinda sad as well. Cuz u invest so much time and energy into something just to see it end.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
Same here.... Was with her since I was in high school. Got two amazing kids out of it so not a total loss but the mental aspect sure did a number on me.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
yeah... i can understand yr feelins and excitement ... with the extra $ you can either invest in yr kids or yr own education or new hobbies ;)

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
The amount I have been paying in alimony is ridiculous!!!! Could have put a down payment on a new house sheeeesh. Already have plans for college funds for the kids both their educations should be paid for by the time they are 15-16 so all they have to do is pick the school.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
As far as hobbies go the gym has brought back so much confidence that was lost and has helped me level my head I think I have found my life long hobby.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
My Brother just got divorced after 20 years. Its tough. I feel for you bro. But you sound like you've got it together. Stay strong.
Peace