©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

filtering with 0.45um filter

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
anybody out there just filter once with a 0.45um filter if so how did it work out compared to 0.22um

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
ok just filtered again, with nylon 0.22um filter, little harder but still easy, I swear those 3cc syringes make all the difference

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
my fault iron, just filtering 25ml test e ,trying syringe filters instead of bottle top filters, btw iron why would I want to switch from bottle top to syringe filters I run into the problem of removing from media bottle then transfer into sterile vial with syringe filters it goes right into sterile vials and looks so much clearer when used syringe filter

Last edited:

joshck77

Feb 7, 2014
.45 dont get all the bacteria out, need a .2......bottle tops u can filter a lot more than a syringe filter ..you can get the caps for bottle tops that have the silicone septas if you like. another thing is its fine if its just for you but if your giving some to your friends most dont wanna see pokes through the rubber stopper thinking it might have been tappered with people are weird and think just cause theres a flip top it makes it legit. syringe filters are time consuming also but its a good workout lol

my fault iron, just filtering 25ml test e ,trying syringe filters instead of bottle top filters, btw iron why would I want to switch from bottle top to syringe filters I run into the problem of removing from media bottle then transfer into sterile vial with syringe filters it goes right into sterile vials and looks so much clearer when used syringe filter

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
25ml is fine thru a syringe filter(100ml max per each) its cheap yet effective for personal use or for donating to a friend who knows you arent into terrorism thru shoddy brewmethods. All depends how much you want to spend in money and time bag..cappers cost some money and then u get into sterilizing vials and stoppers and so on..

BIO-PEPTIDE

May 22, 2014
99% Bacteria is 1 micron in Length . Having in mind that filters are normally Deph ones , it is 99.9% to stop those size bacteria. So the answer is yes,- theoretical 0.45 micron is OK- in fact 30 years ago this size of membrane was used for antiseptic sterilization (nowadays the requirement is 0.2 micron just to be extra sure). Then there is 1% chance to get bacterial still floating in your filtrate. Just COOK IT OUT :) The bacteria which are smaller than 0.45 micron do not win stand heating , even 50 Celsius is overkill for them, so make it 100 and you win a game :)

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
let me say guys its not hard at all using a .22um pvdf filter ,trust me the problem is guys using 60cc syringes, I had trouble pulling bb out with one and 18 gauge needle, please test out the 3cc syringe with .22um filter very easy, I do it fast gripping with hand pushing with thumb, try it guys

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
I have always used a .44 Whatman filter and have never had issues. Been doing this for 8 years.