©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Brewing liquids with better taste

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Been mixing things with everclear. Any ideas to help reduce the strong alcohol taste?

How difficult is it to make things into the liquid gel like some research chem companies do?

Open to any ideas, the ladies can't hardly stand the liquid var.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
thanks for the help guys. maybe the ladies will like it better with a dash of cinnamon or peppermint

goodstick

May 2, 2014
Peg 400 with a bit of glycerine and food
Flavoring if you like
I use peg300 or 400, then drop in some peppermint or cinnamon extract......
Would you use any alcohol at all, as a preservative?

Was considering PEG 400, glycerine and 5% to %10 ethanol, but would leave out the alcohol if you thought that would be okay.

Concentrated PEG does have anti-microbial properties, but then again we're back to tasting like ass if the PEG conc is that high.

Thanks.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Would you use any alcohol at all, as a preservative?

Was considering PEG 400, glycerine and 5% to %10 ethanol, but would leave out the alcohol if you thought that would be okay.

Concentrated PEG does have anti-microbial properties, but then again we're back to tasting like ass if the PEG conc is that high.

Thanks.

No need for perservative .. You can even use straight olive oil if u like. Oral liquids dont take a brain surgeon to make. Why the peg.? Whats one good reason that is neccessary. ? Theres no peg in nyquil.. so why in oral aas.? If u feel the need for an antibacterial add a drop of povidone.

goodstick

May 2, 2014
No need for perservative .. You can even use straight olive oil if u like. Oral liquids dont take a brain surgeon to make. Why the peg.? Whats one good reason that is neccessary. ? Theres no peg in nyquil.. so why in oral aas.? If u feel the need for an antibacterial add a drop of povidone.
Thanks for the feedback.

The main reason (not neccessarily a good reason) I considered PEG is that it is an ingrediant of most of the tasty oral suspensions i've used. This is simply lemming mentality I guess. However, the high molecular weight keeps the product suspended. But its not manditory and i'll try it without it.

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah grain/ glycerin are easier and better tasting because there is no need for a long suspension time as u draw and drink right away. Peg is just nasty in amount that used sometimes.

goodstick

May 2, 2014
Having great results without PEG. Just Glycerin and a little bit of PGA, Vodka, or 151. Thanks!

adam soza

May 7, 2013
I am looking for a recipe to turn a half gram of powder into 250mls of solution at 2mg+/ml. I wanted to make it with everclear but flavor it somehow so it doesn't taste like shit. Must I use glycerin and PPG or PEG and what do I use for flavoring? Any advice is greatly appreciated.