©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ups / Fedex shipping questions

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I live out in the country. I went to town to a place that ships ups. The package was prob 12"x12"x12". And 4lb. They charged me over $30. The package was shipped in state.

This morning I ordered 11bs of protein on the other side of the US. Shipping was only $20ish dollars for ups ground.

Pretty sure the first place burned me. How do you ship a package ups or fedex without going to a "store"?

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
This happened to me a few mths back. You need to go to the main UPS or Fed Ex in town, not a Mailboxes Etc type place. The Mailboxes Etc places are 3rd party shipping establishment's.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yeah box it up all yourself and take to a ups shipping/receiving terminal. I tried to send back shoes i got for last xmas at a "ups store". Pricks tried to charge me fuckin $28 to send back $50 shoes. I laughed in the guys face and told him how ridiculous that was, went to post office and paid $13...which i thought was steep but much better than $28

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Also, keep in mind you can't compare the rate you pay as an individual to ship something to the rate a business pays to ship something to you. Businesses that ship large amounts of packages negotiate corporate rates with the shipping companies, so they are always going to pay less to ship to you than u will pay to ship back to them.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Try using USPS flat rate boxes the post office is the cheapest to ship or fed ex Ground is always cheaper than ups when i ship stuff
Had a customsr overseas i sent parts to post office was half the price
Fed ex and ups actually use the post office for over seas stuff sometimes

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
For ground shipping I've always preferred Fed Ex Ground. But haven't shipped anything in years. So the flat rate USPS may be the way to go now.

Like Sully says, you are not gonna get the same rates as a big company anywhere.

Hell, I've seen Jay ship stuff over seas for that kinda money.