©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Drug test concern about AAS

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
So quite some time back i researched what jobs, or who gets tested for AAS extensively. All my research basically lead me to believe that unless you were in some sort of collegiate or professional sport you had no worries. Also read many posts of govt workers, police officers, firefighters etc that dont even get tested for steroids. So, im sure that im just bein a worry wort, but heres my scenario...
Ive been in school for the past 4 years (after graduating high school back in the late 90's) and am finally in the last portion for the Ultrasound program. Now i get to start working with the machines and rotating in hospitals to get experience. This starts in 6 weeks, and i have 4 weeks to get a drug test. The cost of the test is only $50, but may be a discount because my school is affiliated with the hospital. I heard AAS tests are pretty pricey so i doubt this would include it. What has me freaked out though is that the paper work says its an "ADVANCED drug screen". Anybody out there ever get an advanced screen before? Im guessing it will just include extras like vicodin, benzodiazapines, ecstacy, etc.(standard 5 panel tests include cocaine, methamphetamines, pcp, marijuana and heroin). So im torn between just sayin fuck it, it should be cool-or instead buying synthetic urine to be safe. I just dont trust synthetic urine because this "advanced" test could very well pick up on it and ill be screwed then. Thoughts brothers?

GnarleyDemon

Jul 6, 2014
Yeah man I don't think you have anything to worry about. They run about 300 a pop just for steroid test alone from what I once heard. Even in the military they wouldn't spend the money unless someone had witnessed an actual injection from what I was told when I was in. Advanced just probably includes other recreational type things.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Excellent, thanks guys i figured so but wanted some opinions i guess. Got a lot riding on this for me and the family both, been struggling financially working shit jobs to make the school thing happen...so to fail a drug test and waste 4 years and thousands of dollars of schooling would be fucking horrible. But yeah, i really cant see them testing for AAS for med school shit, just all street and presceiption drugs which i have nothing to worry about there

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
ultrasound is a great gig man, and they are in big demand...you're gonna bank...heard they were in crazy need and paying ridiculous amounts of money for em in Australia...

knew a girl from my school who said her boyfriend didn't want to have sex anymore because of all the transvaginal ultrasounds haha...

I think you will be fine tho, you don't use tobacco do ya? places are testing for nicotine now...the advanced may mean more healthcare related drugs of abuse like all the synthetic opiates and benzo's but not sure, first time I've heard of "advanced"

Last edited:

GnarleyDemon

Jul 6, 2014
I just had an interview at Gold's gym today as a PT. I don't think there will be a surprise drug test, but does anyone know? Not for AAS I mean for other.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
When I worked at 24 years back there was no drug test at all. I think everyone even the gm did some sort of drug

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
An advanced test is basically the same thing as a DOT 10 panel. Still doesn't include AAS. I've been popped randomly for a piss test on the fire department twice, plus I just started a second job that I had to pass a drug screen for. All 3 were advanced tests, no problem with any of them.

Google "DOT 10 panel" and that's more or less what you're going to be tested for. It can vary slightly from place to place, but it's pretty consistent.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Phoe2006,why do you do the spice/k2 thing man? Be an American,smoke the good stuff that is homegrown.It's better for you!:headbang:
Brother I don't I was just saying that's what these new advanced drug test consist of. I don't do any recreational drugs

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
No smoke, no skiing the slopes, no ice skating etc. U know what I mean. And especially no k2 seen its effect on people and it's bad