©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

where the f did my bicep go??

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I used to have good symmetry, was doing biceps today and noticed my outer right bicep head is gone when it peaks? Must be an inch narrower when peaked - not sure if it is from my shoulder injury - the day when I hurt it or if has been that way for a while - time for some synthal In the junk arm

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
You may have torn it and not realized it...Most who tear their biceps know, but those are usually clean through type tears...other get partial tears and don't know.

Hawk

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
What was your shoulder injury? A lot of bicep tears from lifters also have some sort of shoulder problem. I had an impingement in my left shoulder for about 6 months. Then one day doing chins, I heard a zipper like sound. Tore my distal bicep tendon clean off the bone. My sports Ortho told me the bicep tries to compensate for the lack of strength in the damaged shoulder. If you did in fact tear it, you should see it balled up. You would also loose a lot of strength in the supination of the forearm. Try turning in a screw with a screwdriver, you'll know.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
You may have torn it and not realized it...Most who tear their biceps know, but those are usually clean through type tears...other get partial tears and don't know.

Hawk

This happened to me, it did change the shape of the muscle for sure