©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

High school drug testing- Florida

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
http://spotmebro.com/miami-dade-high-schools-implement-mandatory-steroid-testing-students/

Get ready for some bat-shit insanity, even by Florida’s standards.

A school district in Miami-Dade plans to spend $73,000 in the first year of a new program that will test high school students for steroids. No, we’re not just talking about athletes either. They haven’t decided if it’s going to be random tests, if everyone gets tested, or if it will be “suspicion based.” If it’s suspicion based, there’s an endless supply of commenters online who are ready to call out anyone that looks even remotely muscular.

On the low end, just the pilot for this program is going to cost roughly as much as two teacher’s salaries for the year. But who cares about providing a better education, smaller classes or the bare minimum in classroom supplies (Which many teachers are forced to pay for out-of-pocket), there are kids lifting heavy things and THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

“We’re going to sensitize the parents, the students, the coaches to this issue very aggressively,” said Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, the guy who’s job it is to make it sound like this program isn’t an egregious waste of time and money.

The hope of the Superintendent is that the threat of testing will discourage steroid use. You know, since that always works so well. Also, how creepy does that quote sound? Aggressive sensitization? No thanks.

The real question is how invasive are these tests going to be? Unless they’re looking to create a lucrative black market for nerd piss, there’s going to have to be someone who’s job it is to literally watch high school students pee in cups. Why hire a couple of teachers when you can hire someone to watch teenagers while they urinate?

Last edited:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I could see it if they wanted to add it for those that want to join a sports program as it will get them ready for having to do so if they were to join a pro sport in the future.

Plus AAS is becoming too large a problem in young teenagers now and is giving the culture and even larger negative in the eyes of of the population.

But to just do random tests I do not agree with.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hell they spent a god awful amount a few years back I remember to test every high school football player in Texas and only caught two students. I believe I posted it on pro muscle a few years back. Needless to say they will not be testing again for the near future. It was in the millions of dollars

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Invasion of privacy IMO. I think this should be up to the childs parent to do. Horrible parenting is whats created this problem but thats a whole different story...:banghead::banghead:

naplestraining

Jul 19, 2014
S. Florida
I don't like it.
I'll handle my own kid, thank you. If I want to test him. I will.
This is just another example of creeping incrementalism.
Just chisling away our freedoms a fraction at a time, so slow you hardly notice. Until one day you wake up and realize something is wrong, but you cant quite get a handle on it.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Invasion of privacy IMO. I think this should be up to the childs parent to do. Horrible parenting is whats created this problem but thats a whole different story...:banghead::banghead:

Yes, exactly. One other thought is who's paying for this...taxpayers??

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Ashop hit it right on the head. Bad parenting. And parents giving up their authority.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Yea it should be up to the parents. If the schools want to get involved they should have personal trainers explain to the kids why they dont need it at there age and coach them on the right diet and workout

theprince

Banned
Aug 5, 2014
I don't like it.
I'll handle my own kid, thank you. If I want to test him. I will.
This is just another example of creeping incrementalism.
Just chisling away our freedoms a fraction at a time, so slow you hardly notice. Until one day you wake up and realize something is wrong, but you cant quite get a handle on it.

You nailed it bro. Govt these days are shitting on the Constitution on astronomical levels.

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
Are they bringing that bullshit Swedish court justice with them? Are they testing for PED when taking finals? Or focusing drugs in band class?If it is specifically for AAS then it is a wasted tax payers witch hunt. Texas wasted a lot of $ on this bullshit testing. Makes me want to slap the idiot on the school board who first suggested this in the first place. Some one is going to get sued! Some one will unleash hell on those who ignore our privacy laws. Parent justice is the best justice.

DNP-Direct

Jun 1, 2013
I can understand testing a kid because of suspicion but random testing is ridiculous and a major waste of money. This money could definitely spent in a much more productive manner.

theprince

Banned
Aug 5, 2014
I can understand testing a kid because of suspicion but random testing is ridiculous and a major waste of money. This money could definitely spent in a much more productive manner.

I cannot understand testing a kid because of suspicion. They could just be "suspicious" of whoever they want if it were this way.

dorian123

Feb 26, 2014

your right, but what do they care it's not their money-taxpayers

I feel so much safer knowing that high school kids are not taking steroids...once again using this as an excuse to tighten laws saying it's for the safety of the kids

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Wow, with all the education funding cuts that have gone on, how is it possible to pay for this? This can't really be a priority...I'm sure the bigger story here is, Alberto Carvalho, the Miami - Dade Superintendent, has bigger aspirations for public office and has made it his moral obligation to save today's kids from the scurge of AAS!..LOL!!

Hypertrophy3

Jun 22, 2014
Another privacy/civil/constitutional rights invasion/violation. Am I surprised? Yes and no. We're getting closer and closer to the same living standards as Russia and China. I guess this is a way of preparing us when they come to collect the money, we don't pay up and then they own us. I guess we should start getting fluent in vodka and egg rolls. It's pathetic.

Hypertrophy3

Jun 22, 2014
your right, but what do they care it's not their money-taxpayers

I feel so much safer knowing that high school kids are not taking steroids...once again using this as an excuse to tighten laws saying it's for the safety of the kids

Oh c'mon. My first cycle was in January of 81' in my senior year of high school. I was old enough to get tried as an adult, and pay taxes also. But you're right. Using this as an excuse to infringe on my privacy because of the bullshit excuse "the youth of America" bullshit