©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

squating

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wbjb4MGrrF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Stop going deeper than parallel , there is no need and it does not make your legs bigger or stronger, all it does is put unwanted stress on your knee ligaments or possible injury

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
Adding some Bark to the Limbs!

Chaotichealth, not bad, not bad at all! Formula1069 is correcting you in the right way for bodybuilding, suggesting not to bottom out beyond parallel. The only suggestion I can give is the way you have your arms and hands on the bar. It looks like your pulling the bar down on your traps. Try to get your arms under the bar and push up on your palms as if you are pressing when you squat and explode up. This takes the down force off of your spine and focus is on thighs ,glutes,and hamstrings. This is a powerlifting technique that is a must. I see you squated with 205lbs for a few! Now cut back to 185lbs and work it for 12 to 15 reps per set.Keep adding weight in 10lbs increments every week until you do the 205lbs for 12 to 15 reps.I betcha your limbs will be adding bark in the next few months! Later,OMR

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I can do more if I start out with squats this was the end of my workout. I even worked leg press up to 780 lbs for 1 press

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
Don't care if you can do more weight for 1 or 2 reps. Ok,you know what your 1 rep max is. Check your strength ego at the door and leave it there for a couple of months. You said you wanted to grow some legs? Cut back a percentage of your max and challenge your mind and legs to volume and reps. Later, OMR

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
You need to push your knees out and relax the groin. Depth fine but it's the fact that you are having your knees push forward that will cause problems. Push them out, and hips back. Just go to parallel like you've been doing.

Don't set the saftey bars to parallel if you don't need to. ONLY because if you smack the weight if will put the force on the opposite knee of the side you hit.

Your ass is not tight. thats why you lean forward.

You need to have your chest up when you come up, your hips are going up first. That puts strain on your lower back.

Those are not good shoes to squat in. You need a solid shoe. Doesn't have to be flat. Just solid, or go bare foot...if that gym lets you.

Your wrists are not holding the bar correctly. they need to be more under the bar so you don't fuck up your wrists. Also this will help with keeping the bar from rolling and pitching you forward.

Don't look side to side when racking, have them set a setting lower and just walk it in. You would be surprised how many guys pull a neck muscle doing that. *THIS ISN'T SUPER IMPORTANT BUT JUST A THING I'VE NOTICED*

Squatting for BB is different than powerlifting, but the little things are the same for both. Other than my nit picking it looks good.

Take a squat that is 75% of max and do 3 sets of 10. So if your max is 100 pounds do 3 sets of 75...etc Once you do all 3 sets for 10 go up 20 pounds. Also find a day in the week, like back day or 3 days after squating, and take what ever weight you did "the hypothetical 75 pounds and times it by 85% giving you 63.75 round to 65 pounds for 5 sets of 10. This helps recover and really really gives you some cardio.

Keep up the good work man!

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
Don't care if you can do more weight for 1 or 2 reps. Ok,you know what your 1 rep max is. Check your strength ego at the door and leave it there for a couple of months. You said you wanted to grow some legs? Cut back a percentage of your max and challenge your mind and legs to volume and reps. Later, OMR

I agree. I mean everyone grows differently but I've found my legs have grown larger and stronger more rapidly if I do sets of 15-20 reps or pause reps. I used to stack that mother and do sets of 2-3 reps but then I realized I was a massive douche and it wasn't helping my legs.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I got hooked on sumo style - heavy and deep - my bar is always low on my traps - not the best for BB but fun the weight you can do

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I've been using the smith machine for my squats it helps with my fourm. Did a pr today of 370 lbs for 1 backed down to 320 and worked with that

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea you need to get away from the smith machine if at all possible. It messes with your form tremendously. If that's all they have at the gym then it'll work

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
It's a good tool which others will tell you as well but doesn't allow you to freely move. Keeps you in one position. I've been in gyms before and that's all they've had sometimes you gotta make do with what you have to work with.

Rpr4

Jul 16, 2014
south carolina
One of the things I do for my form technique is to look at the top of the wall. I find a spot and lock eyes on it. Seems to help me from bending over and keeps my back straight