©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

You guys talked about Vegetable Glycerin...

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
to use in liquid orals instead of PEG so I went to walmarts website and they do carry one brand or kind but the others you have to order online they aren't carried in the store. It is pretty darn cheap. Do you think it'll work? Thanks for your input fellas!

Attachments

• glycerin.jpg
    glycerin.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 77

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
it was mentioned as a replacement to PEG in oral conversions.

Attachments

• glycerin.jpg
    glycerin.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks Enig!! So basically just use the amount I would for PEG in any given conversion? Sue beats having to wait when I can just run down to the local walmart and grab what I need.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I believe I cut it with some grain alcohol as well- as a preservative and to make it easier to draw up into a syringe for measuring-

I just did some checking and what I did and was recommended was a 3-1 ration of glycerine to alcohol so for 100ml - 75ml glycerine 25ml alcohol

Last edited:

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
So if I use a 3:1 ratio that means for a 60ml bottle I would have to use 45ml of glycerin which is a lot more than PEG thus making it almost same price. Probably better tasting though.