©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Football phenom sam gordon is carving up the field again

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-l...ootball-phenom-sam-gordon-carving-field-again

FOOTBALL PHENOM SAM GORDON IS CARVING UP THE FIELD AGAIN

By D'Arcy Maine | Aug 28, 2014

In 2012, an adorable 9-year-old girl from Utah stole our collective hearts -- and destroyed some boys’ ankles and egos -- asfootage of her dominance on the football field*went viral. After a whirlwind media blitz, which included talk-show appearances, the cover of a Wheaties box and*being Roger Goodell’s guest at the Super Bowl, Gordon took a year off from the sport to focus on soccer.

But good news, football fans! The now-11-year-old is back on the gridiron and making her opponents take notice. In her first preseason game of the season, Gordon had three carries for 84 yards and a touchdown. Not too shabby. And in even better news, the pint-sized phenom’s highlights are now available for your enjoyment online -- and set to hard rock, natch -- so you can live your football dreams vicariously.

Only thing I can say other than impressive is I highly doubt she'll be able to compete at such a competitive level in highschool when boys finally hit their growth spurts. I did play against a few girls but they were not impressive and this was in Jr high. Once we made it to highschool the girls either rode the bench or stopped playing the further along in highschool we got. There were no girl starters on varsity other than one kicker. There is a pretty cool highlight video if u follow the link.