©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Be Safe, Ask for a spot

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
wut dumbass...thats ll i got to say i use a spot even if im lifting 90 pounds fora warmup...sad great guy lost to somthin so simple

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
I see guys in my gym lifting alone all the time. Many of them bench heavy with no spot, and I get all ancy...ready to pounce over and save some dumbasse's life because he thinks he knows his body and strength well enough. I reccomend a spot on all exercises that can be potentially harmfull if you were to drop the weight (regardless of how light it might be.) I always lift with a partner, unless I'm doing machines only (which is rare) or curls, etc.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
I usually ask for a spot when benching. But it seems mostly the assholes at my gym are too into themselves to bother to spot someone. Fucking aggravates me. I never hesistate to spot anyone.

P

pincrusher

im always looking out for guys lifting alone in the gym and am ready to run to their aide if needed. this is why i spend alot of my time using a smith machine. its alot safer to use without a spotter and i can get just as good a workout in with it as i can with a freeweight bar.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I had to pull a barbell off a kid in my martial arts class years ago. He was benching with collars and was alone. His face was damn near blue when I happened to go into the gym.

I usually dont get spots unless Im maxing out. I would NEVER put collars on a bar when benching though. You cant dump the weights off if you get stuck.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
heavy said:
I usually ask for a spot when benching. But it seems mostly the assholes at my gym are too into themselves to bother to spot someone. Fucking aggravates me. I never hesistate to spot anyone.

100% agree. Most the people at my gym are to busy posing in the mirror. I think I missed the rule where you have to wear x-small shirts when working out! I trust myself racking the weight or dumping it more than I do having some of these HOMO's pulling it off of me.