©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Reusable?? "FastCap Large Volume Bottle Filter"

MDTS

Oct 31, 2012
Can use reuse this type "Nalgene 298-9020 FastCap Large Volume Bottle Filter" of filter? Meaning could I use it now then a month or 2 later again.

360spyder

Sep 5, 2013
Make filter last longer

No, if you read they say on the instructions they are only good for 500ml. I've used hundreds of them and sometimes you're lucky to get 1000ml depending on the carrier. I love them, they are just kind of expensive, but not really if you're making at least 500ml of a compound. I read where someone supposedly filtered 3L (3000ml). No way in hell. Also I've had two bad things happen. I buy them in cases of ten, sometimes you get a bad one and it just doesn't work, now that p***** you off and is out of your hands, then there are dirty Raws, you can get all the good out of the powder, but expect to use 2-3 filters. They are great when everything is good, but any problems and say goodbye to a few bucks and filters. A small secret that many people use is filter your stuff through 3 coffee filters all at once and it will get much or sometimes all the bad s*** out of your Raws. This is the way many people use to filter period. Good luck. The

irish_sd

Jan 24, 2013
No, if you read they say on the instructions they are only good for 500ml. I've used hundreds of them and sometimes you're lucky to get 1000ml depending on the carrier. I love them, they are just kind of expensive, but not really if you're making at least 500ml of a compound. I read where someone supposedly filtered 3L (3000ml). No way in hell. Also I've had two bad things happen. I buy them in cases of ten, sometimes you get a bad one and it just doesn't work, now that p***** you off and is out of your hands, then there are dirty Raws, you can get all the good out of the powder, but expect to use 2-3 filters. They are great when everything is good, but any problems and say goodbye to a few bucks and filters. A small secret that many people use is filter your stuff through 3 coffee filters all at once and it will get much or sometimes all the bad s*** out of your Raws. This is the way many people use to filter period. Good luck. The

Using 3 coffee filters to do an intial filter and then throwing it through a bottle top filter...
Would that be almost like double filtering?

And does filtering the product more than once make it a much better product??