©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Brew turned black?

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Ok I have made Mast E several times. It's never given me issues in the past.

Then I made a batch that crashed overnight. Adding more BB and heating it resolved the issue.

The next batch I made I let sit overnight In the media bottle to see if it would also crash. Sure enough there was settlement at the bottom. I let it sit a few days and noticed it started to turn greenish. Still clear though.
After another few days it turned almost black. Very dark.

2% BA
18 BB
MTC

Anyone ever see this before?
What could cause the filtered media to turn dark?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Out of all the batches of Mast you've made. We're they all from the same batch of raws or is this a different batch of raw?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Did you overheat it by chance?. Got any left from that batch? If so try one more time. You're experienced, so I would lean more towards bad raws.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Ya really this was unexpected. Def a first. I might add a bit of BB and reheat it to see if it clears up....maybe re filter..

msc173

Aug 19, 2013
Same thing happened to me I think I figured out what it is. For me was the DVDs came vaccumed sealed when you open them and let air in to long, the DVDs went bad. It has happened to me on a few occasions and I couldn't figure out why. Pretty much narrowed it down to this.

sodzl

May 10, 2013
What type and size filter did you use?

Could you pm me the source, i was about use a new one and wasn't to avoid any problems.