©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My TRT experience so far

Geoff69

Oct 10, 2014
Texas
Hi all, new to the forum, just wanted to share my story.

I’ve been on Androgel 1.62 at two pumps under my arms for about 6 months. I have noticed an upswing in my mood, and feel like my fitness level has increased dramatically. I am an avid mountain biker and rock climber, and I have noticed that after starting the treatment I seem to be stronger, and my endurance hasn’t changed much, but my strength has definitely increased.

The first 3 months were a bit rough, and I suffered some common symptoms of TRT including some acne on my back and shoulders, and difficulty urinating mostly at night. My first PSA test after one month of therapy came back on the high end, 4.1 ng/ml. I should mention that before TRT my PSA was around 2.7. I should also mention that my estrogen levels are within normal range.

A friend of mine is also doing TRT and he suggested that I use a supplement that he is using, I’m not sure what the rules are, but I won’t mention the brand-name, but I have been taking it for the last three months and my acne has gone away, and I haven’t had any prostate issues for at least the last two months, in fact my lat PSA came back at 3.4, so overall I’m feeling much better.

Thanks for listening,

-G

pdelta

Oct 6, 2014
High PSA is typically the result of high DHT. Gels tend to have a high conversion to DHT. Application to the hairy areas of the body are prone to higher conversion. You can lower DHT somewhat by limiting the area of application and avoiding hairy body areas. You can also lower DHT by injecting.

PS: Sex also increases PSA. No sex 48 hours prior to testing.

Geoff69

Oct 10, 2014
Texas
Thanks for the reply. I have heard the same of application area, unfortunately I tend to have hair, albeit a bit thin, over most of my body. I am thinking of changing my application to the shoulder area, I have heard that works well.

I would inject, but it's needles! So far I am getting good results with the gel, although it is hard with a little one around and the wife.

I actually may have had some type activity before my higher PSA, but I was getting decreased urine flow, after the Digital Rectal Exam the Doc thinks everything is good. for now anyway.

Thanks

lifterwv

Dec 10, 2014
In my experience, gel was shit. my progress took off wheni started injecting. the needles arent bad, you get used to it very quick. it really isnt that bad. quick injection inthe quads and youre done!