©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

FDA Panel Looks To Limit TRT

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
FDA Panel Looks To Limit Testosterone Drug Use

The FDA has ruled that there is a lack of evidence to prove that testosterone replacement therapy is effective in treating reduced testosterone levels in aging men. The agency says that use must be more strictly regulated, while ordering further tests on the risk of heart attack and stroke.

Over the summer, the FDA required testosterone replacement therapy makers to include a general warning in the drug labeling of all approved testosterone products about the risk of blood clots in the veins.

In recent years, testosterone replacement therapy treatments have shifted from doctor administered injections to at-home use gels. Androgel was approved by the FDA in 2001, followed by Testim in 2002. Axiron was approved in 2010.

In 2013, 2.3 million men got a prescription for testosterone, up from 1.3 million in 2010, according to the FDA. The agency found that roughly 50 percent of men taking testosterone therapy have been diagnosed with hypogonadism, the specific medical diagnosis for testosterone deficiency.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I'm sure everyone of there "healthy" subjects were very into there diet and all too. Hell eating McDonald's every day kills people yearly but u don't hear the government trying to limit the number of burgers you can eat. Fuckin stupid

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Its about money. Its a govt. Shakedown. TRT has gotten huge and you got to pay to play

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Get this.. I had one refill left for cyp at walgreens and the dr took it away ..so I hit the blackmarket and tossed my dr the bird. .. im back ..lol.
Where have you been old timer. The black market is the only market as far as I'm concerned.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Where have you been old timer. The black market is the only market as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed 100%. I started this adventure by using TRT. Turns out I had to drive 3 hrs for a doctor to see me for 10 fucking minutes using nothing more than a stethoscope, whereupon I received email "advertisements" for TRT that cost twice what I could get from the Market, and they were lower doses (10 ml vial of 200 Test cyp for $95?! WTF?!? PLUS I *had* to order a shitload of other stuff I didnt want as part of a "package.") TOTAL RIPOFF for guys who are scared to order and receive without a "legal" Rx. Fuck it. I'm much happier doing my shopping...elsewhere :headbang:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Mbc..! hey brutha. Good to see you... big bob ive been workin ..lifes a bitch sometimes. Lol.
Yeah trt drs are under pressure from new "studys" which dont say the patient eats like shit. Doesnt work out , is a fukin dumb ass , and is wearing a skirt for his wife cause hes her bitch .. right OMR? Rock on ...

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Thing that pisses me off the most about the government is I feel like everywhere I go or turn they try to control me and my life more and more by their rules or taxation or just flat out stupidity when in reality were supposed to be controling them.....how the fuck did this happen?

Cratchet

Jan 5, 2015
My TRT therapy is damn expensive and I use a doctor and insurance. Insurance company is a constant pain in the ass. Always causing delays with pre auth crap etc.