©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First time TRT - can you review what my dr. gave me?

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
Got my bloodwork back and based on it my Dr. gave me:

200mg/week of test cyp/prop (90% cyp, 10% prop)
(I don't know why there is prop in there, but that's what I got)

Danazol troche's, 75mg, but 1/4 each morning under my tongue, which turns out to be about 18-19mg/day
(Is this enough mg/day? What else besides lower SHBG does danazol do? I can only find things on women and endometrios, not on men)

Anastozole (arimidex) twice weekly 1mg
(I know 1mg twice a week is alot, but I was coming off a bunch of cycles and hadn't worked out or taken anything for over 2 months. Also never took pct stuff while on cycles, so my estrogen was super high)

Sermorelin acetate - 3iu/night - no ghrp6 or anything attached, just sermorelin acetate alone
(Anyone used this before? I've heard after 2-3 weeks I should sleep better, and 3-6 months start to see the physical changes and HGH type benefits.)

He also put me on a supplement regiment, lots of different vitamin B's, Pregnelelone, fish oil, etc.

Thanks in advance

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
I can't comment on most of this, but 2mg Anastrozole/wk is insane.

Start LOW and titrate up if needed.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Forgive my skepticism, but I went the TRT route. I found that it was a racket to sell you stuff you dont need in quantities that don't work. The Test is so low as to be useless; and anastrazole is generally not needed at all at that level.

My regular doc - whom I told about this - thought 200 test was too high: the medical community fears giving high test to me (presumed kidney, liver, and cardiac issues), and the TRT community is comprised of many quick-sell doctors looking to capitalize on your fear of buying on the underground economy without a prescription.

Again, I started with this route, and got disillusioned very quickly. YMMV.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Regchamp are you in USA? Never heard of a dr giving Danzol in trt scripts. Thks ..
Also id not do any anti e for a while. You dont need to unless you are estro sensitive. But remember you need some estro for male hormone use so stripping it will make you feel achy and like crap ..

Last edited:

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
200 mg's a week seems high. Most I know on script, including myself, are prescribed 125-150 mg's / week (cyp). Was given an AI script as well, but it's basically a standby in case of sides. Why there is prop in yours, only your Doc can tell you? And hell, he probably doesn't know.

Everyone is different as far as sides, but just like Iron Built said, "drs guess a lot and fake knowledge as everyones different".

Guys on this board have a ton more knowledge on TRT than most GP's. Reason for it...Dr's don't give a shit. Hell, most of 'em smoke cigarettes.

The best advice I can give is to do your own homework. There is a ton of information out there. Figure out was is best for YOU.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Just out of curiosity regchamp (because this will inform what I may or may not say next...)

....all these items your doctor put you on:

Are they covered by insurance, or have you been advised *not* to go through insurance?

What is the relationship (if any) between the Doctor (or the TRT specialty office you went to) and the place from which you are buying all the stuff he recommended?

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
First of all thanks for all the replies, I've had a hard time finding info or a board that will reply to me.

I don't know if I mentioned that my NP TRT "Dr." was a pro bodybuilder, I've looked up his videos and its him, and he was huge, in fact he still is, just not as big cuz he's mid 40's now. So I know he has taken it all before, and even when I mentioned Ronnie Coleman he said Ronnie was on up to 500 dollars a day in gear... And he was talking about how they just recently made alot of progress on myostatin, so I know he is up to date.

My estrogen was really high on my blood tests. I had just come off a bunch of 500mg test and 500mg Tren e cycles, and never used PCT. My test was 197 and estrogen really high.

He also took a ton of blood from me, he said I needed to get it out of me (similar to when people give blood while on Boldenone/EQ. He siad I will feel alot better and even breathe better after he got it outta me.

He does sell supplements. I have several friends who go to him also, and they bought his supplement the first time, then bought the same stuff on their own after for cheaper. He is fine with that.

I do not go through insurance, the test is about 80/month and the sermorelin is expensive, maybe around 120/month. Still reasonable. And the test is 5ml bottles of 200. If get a bottle a month and supposed to take 1 shot a week.....do the math, I'm really getting 250mg test a week. I also supplement with UGL cypionate with another 250 shot, making it 500mg test a week. I am also taking 300mg EQ a week UGL.

My friends that have gone to him all get different presciptions. My buddy's natural test was 897, so he got a lower amount and its testosterone with zinc in it. And the Danazol is to free SHBG. BUt my buddy got a lower dose of arimidex also.

I can't find any info on Danazol for males and people being prescribed it. Heard it is similar to winny.

Also, when do I take the arimidex? with my shot? 24 hours after my shot? I take a shot on tuesday and one on friday every week. Split evenly.

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
Also - I am in US. And how will I know I am on too much AI? If my estrogen gets too low I will get achy? Muscle aches? What else will I experience? Everyone says you "feel like crap" can you elaborate? Tired? no libido? sick? dizzy? stomach? Thanks

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I have been on these boards for a good while and have never heard of a US Physician prescribing trt like that. Most docs seem to write trt prescriptions for something like 200mg of paddock or Watson test cypionate every 2 weeks. Very interesting.

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
Paddok and Watson, are those pharmacy brands? Am I allowed to say what brand my test is?

And I think this place is more anti-aging than trt....

He has alot of bodybuilders as clients, but also alot of women clients. Alot of the guys I know that go there he prescribes T3 to, and the women too. He did not prescribe HCG or T3 to me.

Also, one of my buddies got danazol like me, my other buddy didn't. And i know he prescribes danazol to women too...

And I was given Sermorelin which makes your pituitary gland make growth hormone... others I know go to him get "Triptropin Plus" which is true HGH and has ghrp 6 and other things in it.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Also - I am in US. And how will I know I am on too much AI? If my estrogen gets too low I will get achy? Muscle aches? What else will I experience? Everyone says you "feel like crap" can you elaborate? Tired? no libido? sick? dizzy? stomach? Thanks

I assume your doc will be doing blood work regularly, no? That's the easiest and most accurate way to know your E2 levels.

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014

Blood work is the only way to truly know. A sensitive E2 test will give you an accurate measurement.

In terms of symptoms, most guys with low E2 experience joint aches, loss of libido, ED, and fatigue.

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
ok, I will not be getting my next set of labs until January... 3 months after the day my first labs were analyzed. I did not get a copy of my first labs either. My buddy asked for a copy of his and the Dr. told him no, isn't there a HIPAA law that says they HAVE to give you them? Thought that was odd. I will be asking next time.

The labs aren't cheap either, so every 3 months is OK with me.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Bullshit on that. YOU have a right to ALL your medical records. My TRT Doc told me this the first time too and I fought like hell. (PS - the Labs should be covered by your insurance).

Who did he have you use? Quest Diagnostics? One reason they dont give the results is because many have a racket going: they *pretend* to be following medical protocols and running tests, and the tests dont show shit, so they dont want them released.

Dont you get this yet? They cover their asses with tests, but wont let you have results. They say its medical a medical condition and prescribe TRT, but wont let you go through insurance. They prescribe a shitload of stuff (both AAS and 'supplements') that you buy through THEM. And you go along with it because you want test with a Prescription, because its 'safer.'

2 + 2 + 2 = ?????

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
So don't take 2mg a week of anostrazole? how much and how often, cuz I have been feely achy lately. .25mg twice a week? On days of my shots? I take shots tuesday and friday - 250 test and 200 EQ each shot.

Also, I have HMO insurance, I pay 150 for labs 150 for the dr. visit. I got a notice from blue cross that I "MAY" owe a bunch of money, they said to ignore and I know guys been going to him for 2 years and you don't get charged, but insurance doesn't cover it.

Also, what do I tell my Dr. when he says I can't have a copy of my results? How did you make him give yours? Can he drop me as a patient if I make him mad by asking?

BIOMORPH LABS was the name of the blood company

regchamp

Oct 21, 2014
Can you help me out instead of criticizing me? I'm getting stuff legally now, I'm glad cuz I'll get money to pay for a cycle, get big, then get small and hormones all messed up. At least here it's consistent.

So again I ask the same question, what did you say to your doc, you said you pushed it? Just trying to figure out what rights I have here

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
So don't take 2mg a week of anostrazole? how much and how often, cuz I have been feely achy lately. .25mg twice a week? On days of my shots? I take shots tuesday and friday - 250 test and 200 EQ each shot.

Also, I have HMO insurance, I pay 150 for labs 150 for the dr. visit. I got a notice from blue cross that I "MAY" owe a bunch of money, they said to ignore and I know guys been going to him for 2 years and you don't get charged, but insurance doesn't cover it.

Also, what do I tell my Dr. when he says I can't have a copy of my results? How did you make him give yours? Can he drop me as a patient if I make him mad by asking?

You're taking 500mg of testosterone and 400mg EQ every week? That is not TRT by a long shot, that's a steroid cycle. That's not a sustainable "protocol" and it's not healthy. You will experience negative side effects and serious long term health problems if you plan on using like this indefinitely.

The health consequences of low T are very unpleasant, but the health consequences or running a steroid cycle for the rest of your life will probably kill you.

TRT is about optimizing your hormones to alleviate symptoms of hormonal imbalances, not sending your numbers through the roof so you can get swole. Your doctor is screwing you over, and he is very irresponsible. I can't imagine that he will be able to practice "medicine" like this for too much longer.

This isn't meant to be an attack on you at all man, this is just the truth.

As far as your bloodwork concerns, your doctor is legally obligated to give you any of your health records that you request. If you don't feel comfortable asking him about that and sounding accusatory (I get it, nobody wants to punch a gift horse in the mouth), you can contact the lab where you had your blood drawn and they can print you out a copy.

I'd use that copy to get some opinions from experienced people on the Internet, and do some of your own research.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Can you help me out instead of criticizing me? I'm getting stuff legally now, I'm glad cuz I'll get money to pay for a cycle, get big, then get small and hormones all messed up. At least here it's consistent.

So again I ask the same question, what did you say to your doc, you said you pushed it? Just trying to figure out what rights I have here

I'm not criticizing...I was just trying to get you to come to the obvious conclusion: You are in a game.

The "doctor" is providing you with a cycle that he personally makes money off of, in exchange for the peace of mind of having a scrip.

Your part is to understand that, and to not ask questions. Hence, no lab results. This is how many "Steroid Docs" play this particular game. You are gaining legality and whatever peace of mind that goes with it....at a price. Higher prices, limitation of sources, and no questions asked. Everyone winks.

How did I push? I threatened legal action. I then dumped the "doctor" soon thereafter (I have since learned that the "doctor" in the employ of the TRT Clinic had no background in AAS at all, and the 'prescribed' therapy was a stock product ad.) So yeah, I have a high degree of skepticism on these guys. And have found sounder advice from the guys on these boards.