©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Swollen leg following quad shot

thSman

Sep 9, 2013
Hi guys,
I' more than a bit concerned here. I did a quad shot 3 1/2 days ago now of Test P and NPP into my left outer quad of 2.4 mil. I ve used the gear for 6 weeks now with no real probs and its from a top sponsor on here.

I swabbed the tops of the vials and injection site as usual, the only difference was the the 1.25" blue needle fell of the syringe although the sleeve was still on the needle and it didnt fall on the floor. It was only off the syringe for a few secs.

My whole left leg is swollen now right down to my ankle and it's ever so slightly tingling.

I can walk fine although it does hurt when I bend at the knee doe to the swelling I guess ?

I only take the needle 1/2 the way in as I'm lean

Any advice is welcome .

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
So even though the needle fell of the syringe, it never actually got detached, correct?: The syringe with attached needle was just hovering around in the air prior to the injection, but it was temporarily disconnected and you pressed it back to tighten on the syringe?

You most likely didn't inject deep enough, or you injected too fast, or you injected in a wrong spot, or a combination of all 3. This caused the oil to leak from your injection spot all the way down, and it could take up to 2 weeks before everything is normal again.

Does the area feel hot?Do you feel feverish? Does anything feel "off"?

thSman

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah It feels warm to touch.

The needle still had its cover on and got detached from the syringe, it landed in the plastic bag I had my gear in as I was away for a few days.
The outer flange of the the blue plastic part of the needle came into contact with something but not the inner which slides onto the syringe.

This has happened before and it didn't overly worry me.

is it worth going to see the doc tommorrow and will it be antibiotics if you think the gear has leaked down my leg ?

Should i really be putting the 1.25 " need le all the way in as Im lean ?

Thanks for the swift reply

thSman

Sep 9, 2013
Its very slightly tingley now and has been warm since 2.5 days ago.

I'm getting concerned now :-(

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
to long of a needle and go with bee sting or rusty nail do not say gear. I warn everyone to go to the Dr because I had some bad gear once and had to have it lanced out of both arms. Its like I had the flu and couldn't move.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Warm to the touch, swollen, fever, etc. Its better safe than sorry and when my ex wife finally made me go I was in a bad way.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Phoe's right better safe than sorry brother let the doc check it out...never had one tingle had em sore as fuck and swole but never had one tingle thats strange

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yeah id hit the doc up like everybodys sayin. Ive had bad quad shots that made half my leg red with slight swelling...but if it's tingling too you better have that checked out just in case. Maybe take some antibiotics if you have any laying around

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
If it were me, I would have absolutely just thrown it all away, and restarted all over again.

Regardless, I would go ahead and schedule a Dr. appt...

thSman

Sep 9, 2013
Here's an update -
Went to the local Hospital at 6 am yesterday, got passed around a few wards the eventally had an ultrasound scan which showed up a pocket of fluid 12x4x 0.5 cm deep.

It was a toss up between plastic surgery and one of the other disciplines on who made the final decision on what was to happen, I had to get home by 6 to the family so I was given 2 types of antibiotics and went back this morn.

The inflammation had went down a little but the plastics wanted to admit me put me on IV antibiotics and make a 12cm incision, drain it pack it. This would mean hospitalization for 3 days. Then get me back a few days later for final stiching.

I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated.

I've been speaking to a Fellow BBer about this and he was very surprised that they are doing this and thinks they prob have little experiance of this. He went onto say that he had a swelling on his butt that lasted for 10 days prior to a show but it did dissipate from a Tren jab.

I then spoke again with the Surgeon to ask if I could just leave it for the weekend and come back on monday and give the antibiotics chance 1st, he seen my point and agreed but we also said I'd return over the weekend if it got any worse.

I explained to him that I thought I'd just not put all of the 1.25/25g needle all the way in one maybe a couple of quad shots and that whats lying under the skin not alot of puss/infection and the fluid was the steroid.

Ive mostly had a slight swelling after the Test P & NPP shots and from what Ive read it was common place so it didnt overly concern me, I realise now I should have asked you guys.

Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?

I feel fine just tha warm lump and swollen leg that tingles now and again, I guess this may be the pressure.

Do you have any experience of this and do you think the oil will dissapate ?

I've come off now and started my Clomid and Nolvadex, do you think this is wise to take with the antibiotics ?

Many thanks !!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Here's an update -
Went to the local Hospital at 6 am yesterday, got passed around a few wards the eventally had an ultrasound scan which showed up a pocket of fluid 12x4x 0.5 cm deep.

It was a toss up between plastic surgery and one of the other disciplines on who made the final decision on what was to happen, I had to get home by 6 to the family so I was given 2 types of antibiotics and went back this morn.

The inflammation had went down a little but the plastics wanted to admit me put me on IV antibiotics and make a 12cm incision, drain it pack it. This would mean hospitalization for 3 days. Then get me back a few days later for final stiching.

I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated.

I've been speaking to a Fellow BBer about this and he was very surprised that they are doing this and thinks they prob have little experiance of this. He went onto say that he had a swelling on his butt that lasted for 10 days prior to a show but it did dissipate from a Tren jab.

I then spoke again with the Surgeon to ask if I could just leave it for the weekend and come back on monday and give the antibiotics chance 1st, he seen my point and agreed but we also said I'd return over the weekend if it got any worse.

I explained to him that I thought I'd just not put all of the 1.25/25g needle all the way in one maybe a couple of quad shots and that whats lying under the skin not alot of puss/infection and the fluid was the steroid.

Ive mostly had a slight swelling after the Test P & NPP shots and from what Ive read it was common place so it didnt overly concern me, I realise now I should have asked you guys.

Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?

I feel fine just tha warm lump and swollen leg that tingles now and again, I guess this may be the pressure.

Do you have any experience of this and do you think the oil will dissapate ?

I've come off now and started my Clomid and Nolvadex, do you think this is wise to take with the antibiotics ?

Many thanks !!
Clear ur inbox

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
"Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?"

No i prob would have done the same thing

"I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated."

I do think you are a dumb ass for trying to hide it from your wife that you are using gear though, either tell her or quit using it

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
"Do you think I've been a dick and should have stayed in ?"

No i prob would have done the same thing

"I was gutted when I found this out as I had to tell my wife I did it at work a few weeks ago and just left it and it got infected, she doesn't know that I've used gear and would be devastated."

I do think you are a dumb ass for trying to hide it from your wife that you are using gear though, either tell her or quit using it
I'd have to agree here. If you can't trust the woman who you share your life with and probably has raised your kids everything you probably shouldn't be doing it just a thought.

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
yeah man, I just re-thought the whole situation through because I didn't fully understand exactly what you meant until now(was just skimming last time)

you definetly allowed a ton of bacteria to get injected into your body, regardless of whether that is or is not the culprit of what you're experiencing right now

please , for your sake, never do that again buddy...hope the best.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I've had that issue before. Not quite as bad though. Just took about a week to clear up. I had injected int the teardrop muscle.

IMO, it seemed like all the oil had settled between the muscle and skin as opposed to in the muscle.

And I have very little fat on my quads, if any, so oil was never sucked up by the fat. That's my theory anyway.