©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

pin length

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
Ive always used 1.5 inch pin. However, ive been reading that guys/girls are using 5/8, 1/2, slin pins all for pinning aas. Im very interested in knowing if this is deep enough. When i pin its daily and would be nice if i didnt have to use 1.5.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Those lengths have always worked for me brother....i couldnt imagine pinning with a 1.5". The longest ive ever used was 1" but 5/8" and slin pins are always my go to.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
ive been using 1 inch for delt, and 1 1/2 for glutes. this is good to know. im bleed like hell and i use 22g. i just bought a few hundred pins too, guess ill order some small ones. fast question tho, i know my delts can take 5/8 there solid, but my glutes are still not hard yet, will i still hit muscle with a 5/8?

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
Im not sure if 5/8 is good for glutes. I would say if you're fairly lean then yes. If not maybe a 1" would be best. But these guys know more about it than myself. Im just now learning that this whole time I could have been using a shorter pin

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Im not sure if 5/8 is good for glutes. I would say if you're fairly lean then yes. If not maybe a 1" would be best. But these guys know more about it than myself. Im just now learning that this whole time I could have been using a shorter pin

Why wouldn't it be? So it doesn't get really deep into the muscle. Some of the oil may end up leaking out of the muscle and into the sub Q.

From what I understand, all that will do is slow the release time down.

Dr G and Emeric Delczeg bot recommend Sub Q to begin with if I'm not mistaking.

I use 5/8 all the time now and inject everywhere and anywhere with those things.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
i feel like i have more then 5/8 of fat on my glutes tho. feel like it will not even hit muscle, if i was lean then yes def. my delts are perfect. what will happen if i hit all fat?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
i feel like i have more then 5/8 of fat on my glutes tho. feel like it will not even hit muscle, if i was lean then yes def. my delts are perfect. what will happen if i hit all fat?

Even if you inject the entire bolus subQ, it's still going to be absorbed. If you inject a large volume subQ it may have a tendency to form a hard knot under the skin and become slightly painful/tender to the touch for a few days, but both of those things will subside. As long as it gets under the skin, it's going to be absorbed.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
now that you say about a knot, i just changed my gear from europharm prop/eq to sp labs test e, and stealth deca. i use the same size needles and do everything exactly the same. but i have been getting a very hard lump under my skin the next day and last for about a week. theres no pain or soreness at all. the lump is under my skin, not even to the surface. what's that from? it has to be the gear if i haven't changed anything else. and its there every time. the only time i usually get lumps is when its infection starting. but i can tell you that this is no way an infection at all. i dont even know its there unless i feel my glutes. im doing a 2cc inj in glutes alternating sides. what is that ?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Even if you inject the entire bolus subQ, it's still going to be absorbed. If you inject a large volume subQ it may have a tendency to form a hard knot under the skin and become slightly painful/tender to the touch for a few days, but both of those things will subside. As long as it gets under the skin, it's going to be absorbed.

Exactly. And I want to add that the gear is absorbed into the blood stream at a slower rate than when it goes into the muscle.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
now that you say about a knot, i just changed my gear from europharm prop/eq to sp labs test e, and stealth deca. i use the same size needles and do everything exactly the same. but i have been getting a very hard lump under my skin the next day and last for about a week. theres no pain or soreness at all. the lump is under my skin, not even to the surface. what's that from? it has to be the gear if i haven't changed anything else. and its there every time. the only time i usually get lumps is when its infection starting. but i can tell you that this is no way an infection at all. i dont even know its there unless i feel my glutes. im doing a 2cc inj in glutes alternating sides. what is that ?
Try massaging the area after injecting. That might help a little.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
i do that. theres no way around the lump. it has to be something in the gear. like i said theres absolutely no discomfort at all. i wouldnt know its even there if i didnt feel for it. i t sucks because it lasts a week or so and i dont want to inj in that area until its gone. so it holds me up. my next shot im gonna split it up. 1cc of deca in 1 spot and 1 cc of teste in another that way i can tell exactly which 1 is doing the lump.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
btw i just did my slin pin shot with 1 cc of tren in my delt. used a 1/2 inch needle. went alot better and faster then i thought it would. but normally i mix my shots and do 2 - 3 cc at a time. so at that point its better to use a 3cc syringe instead of doing 3 separate shots with a slin pin correct? less scar tissue overall even though the needle is fatter right?

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
if youre doing a 3cc shot, forget about using an insulin pin
just stick with a 25 gauge...5/8 or 1 inch depending on your bf% and put it in ventral glute or dorsal glute or whatever you're using

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Something else ive just seen, ventral glute injections. Could someone explain the process to me?
Google and YouTube my friend are the best ways to learn. Its a great place that I've never once used til Magnus posted about it and now live the location