©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

protein question

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
how many grams of protein can your body digest at 1 time? i always thought it was like 25-32 gr at most and your body just pisses out the rest. am i correct or have i been screwing myself? i thought all these shakes that claim like 50gr was just a gimmick to get you to buy it. i forgot where i learned this but have been going on 32 gr max for years now. i was seeing some1 say they eat like 59gr at a time, just wanted to know if im a dumbass or not

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
When your "on" your body can handle or process more protien....my theory has always been the more the better let your body decide what it can process if you lose some to waste you lose some atleast you know your body is using the maximum amount and your not short changing yourself....just my 2 pennies

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
There is absolutely zero scientific basis or rationale for the idea that your body can only process a certain amount of protein in a meal. Not sure where that bro science bullshit came from, but it's completely wrong.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I have to agree with the above. Your body will use as much as it needs. Science doesn't take into account the demands of athletes, so their studies usually don't apply. For instance, a marathon runner needs up to 15x the RDA of sodium when compared to the average person. I can tell you, there are certain times of the year I don't have the luxury of eating 7 equally balanced meals throughout the day. It's usually 3 with 100g to 150g protein each, and I can tell you I feel and look no different.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
ok cool, thats why i was asking. i have no clue who told me that. i was told it was like taking vitamins, your body will piss out the extra. glad i cleared this up, very good to know. thx

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
ok cool, thats why i was asking. i have no clue who told me that. i was told it was like taking vitamins, your body will piss out the extra. glad i cleared this up, very good to know. thx

Someone probably told you and you probably read it somewhere. That myth has been going around for many years.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Someone probably told you and you probably read it somewhere. That myth has been going around for many years.

Unfortunately, there's a ton of guys that still believe it. Somebody said it on the Internet, so it must be true.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
ok well at least im not the only dumbass that believed that, i knew i wasn't making it up in my head. lol

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Unfortunately, there's a ton of guys that still believe it. Somebody said it on the Internet, so it must be true.

I used to believe evrything I read on the internet until I read a new scientific theory that said not too.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
You want to learn as much about protein as possible? Read or listen to some of Layne Norton's stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmV8BlsJTQ

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
very good video. thx for posting it for me. are you the actual jay cutler? or do you just work for the company?

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Being good friends with jay cutler.....that would be like being able to take a theology class with jesus as the professor lol your a lucky dude sandpig im jealous :D

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
yeah bro, thats awesome. do you train together?

No. First he's rarely home. Second I train early in the am. He trains at...
Well he trains whenever he feels like it.

I really only see him once or twice a month. We text quite a bit though.

And SRD, I don't really ask for a lot of advice, but remember, I've been training longer than him. ;)

I did ask him for help when I hit a wall during the M4B contest last spring.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Two words you all need to understand if you don't already "gastric emptying" this is a very important concept to understand and have a grasp of and all of the mediating pathways around this process- I don't feel like doing a long write up-

But actually back in the day Layne and myself became well aquatinted with concept from Caleb the owner of mindandmuscle.net that board was the holy grail of info..

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
how many grams of protein can your body digest at 1 time? i always thought it was like 25-32 gr at most and your body just pisses out the rest. am i correct or have i been screwing myself? i thought all these shakes that claim like 50gr was just a gimmick to get you to buy it. i forgot where i learned this but have been going on 32 gr max for years now. i was seeing some1 say they eat like 59gr at a time, just wanted to know if im a dumbass or not

I think it could depend on each individual.1.5- 2 grams per pound of bodyweight works really well for myself.