©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

'Put up or shut up'

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
i'm goin to drag this from another board because i thought it was interesting.

ill tell you some'n...

before you even considred coming on elite, we had a member who talked big game and thought he was a guru. he gave out advice to newbies and people believed and followed what he advised.

when asked to post his pics, he did so..
we were in shock to see an out of shape, skinny bro with no definition.

it killed his rep immediately.

now..

since you're not an ulter, genetic, or the other super crazy scientists who are qualified in the field (and neither am i) then your advice is purely by your day to day experiences with bodybuilding. in such case, you must post pics to back up what you preach.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384114&page=2&pp=20

P

pincrusher

i think it is a much better way to judge a mod or active member by the kind of posts he makes and how well he can explain his suggestions moreso than his looks. just because someone doesnt have huge muscles does not mean they dont know what they were talking about. if this were the case then there would be a ton of PT'S out of work despite their great ability to help others in a possitive way! people who dont know what they are talking about tend to get in a very argumentive state when they are called out on something that is wrong or not a very appropriate suggestion that they may make.
\hell i spend on average 3-4 hours per day doing research online to try and improve my knowledge of juicing and everything else that goes with it. i am certainly no expert but i tend to feel that i can give very good advise and can back up what i say!
oh, here is a pic of me from april of last year. judge for yourself whether i fit into your big enough to be knowledgable catagory.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 40

Nomad

Feb 9, 2005
Though BB can be different my exp in other sports is that the best athletes arent always the most knowledgable or best coaches, Prob cause it usally came easy to them. Case in point my roomate in college was a national ranked sprinter/Decathalete. He had absolute sick genetics, he subsisted on soda's, fast food, & sugar...I wouldn't take advice from him in a sec.

Also a lot of bro's have had time off or have never used AAS but have a great amount of nutriion/training/Ex Phys knowledge. This guy shouldn't paint with such broad strokes

my .02 cents

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
Here's my viewpoint.

Some of the best coaches do not exactly have the best track record but still give great advice. but these are in skill sports.

I think in a world of bodybuilding, every one's body is different, the only thing we can provide is personal experience and if it works for you, than it should show. If you lack the dedication to bodybuilding, do not act like a guru and regurgitate others' information. If you have a degree in a medical field or know what works for you than fine, give out all the sound advice you can.

2CC.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
sounds bout right to me dugie, just like my sorry ass ball coaches are all washed up otta shape faggots, where as the next town overs coaches are excellent asa matter of fact one of their coaches is going to the olypics for weight lifting next time around.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
dugie82 said:
i'm goin to drag this from another board because i thought it was interesting.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384114&page=2&pp=20

That can be true only to a point. For example, have you seen Tom Platz lately? He knows a shitload about bodybuilding, but he is smaller than I am. Just because I'm bigger than him doesnt mean I know more. Hell, I couldnt fill one of his shoes! He is off juice, obviously, but didn't lose his knowledge. There is many more guys I could name, but I think that covers what I was trying to get across.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
tee said:
That can be true only to a point. For example, have you seen Tom Platz lately? He knows a shitload about bodybuilding, but he is smaller than I am. Just because I'm bigger than him doesnt mean I know more. Hell, I couldnt fill one of his shoes! He is off juice, obviously, but didn't lose his knowledge. There is many more guys I could name, but I think that covers what I was trying to get across.

tee i understand where you're coming from, but this guy has walked the walk! He probably teaches what he knows from experience. have you seen arnold lately? The guy was the most impressive bodybuilder in the world, yet i'm sure he knows what works and what doesnt in the real world. If you're older, thats understandable, but i wouldnt exctly want to take cutting cycle advice from a guy with 30%BF.
2cc

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
If what this guy is saying is true, than the opposite must be true. "Wow look at the shape of that guy, he must know everything about steroids." What I like about this forum is that you don't have the opportunity to prejudge someone base on their looks.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
yup , knowledge and experiance are two diferand things.

I hope all of us see advice on this board as pointers or directions on where and what to look up in order to make informed decisions.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I surf about 80 to 90 different boards. I've noticed that on very few do the gurus post pictures of themselves. There are exceptions of course.

I must be ignorant. I assumed it was because they didn't want the Fed's to have a picture of them they could hold up when they came and knocked on the door. Yep, that's him Jim Bob, see the tatoo on the right arm?

Maybe we all come to different conclusions.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
DragonRider said:
I surf about 80 to 90 different boards. I've noticed that on very few do the gurus post pictures of themselves. There are exceptions of course.

I must be ignorant. I assumed it was because they didn't want the Fed's to have a picture of them they could hold up when they came and knocked on the door. Yep, that's him Jim Bob, see the tatoo on the right arm?

Very wise DR.

P

pincrusher

DragonRider said:

i was thinking this same thing last night when i was talking about this topic with my wife.
on another note, is it not better to judge someone by the results of the people they train or give advise to better than the appearance of the person giving advise. i am a good example of this, i know alot about dieting and cutting but as of yet i have not felt the need or desire to get cut. my wife, who i train and help out with nutritional advise is a different story. she is at about 10%bf, which for a woman is very low especially considering her schedule but if you looked at me right now you would think i know nothing about nutrition. i guess the ole saying "you cant judge a book by its cover" fits here as well. if the appearance of a bodubuilder is what you use to judge someones knowledge then i guess none of the pro's would feel the need to hire nutritionists and other coaches to help them get ready for shows. all the top bodybuilders always rely on the advise of others to help them make the final changes needed to prepare for a show.

BIGENUFF

Mar 24, 2005
I believe anyone who can give positive advise is trying to help. But there is a difference between knowledge and Experience. It is good to have both. If I want an idea of what child birth feels like I bet a doctor can brief me on it. But I think the real answer is going to come from the lady who just dropped a watermelon from between her legs. Same goes for cycles,training,diet, side effects, It is always best to hear from some one who has been there and done that. Here is a peek at where I am at just incase you think I am not putting my time in :)

Attachments

• BIGENUFF.JPEG
    BIGENUFF.JPEG
    41.3 KB · Views: 20

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
BIGENUFF said:
I believe anyone who can give positive advise is trying to help. But there is a difference between knowledge and Experience. It is good to have both. If I want an idea of what child birth feels like I bet a doctor can brief me on it. But I think the real answer is going to come from the lady who just dropped a watermelon from between her legs. Same goes for cycles,training,diet, side effects, It is always best to hear from some one who has been there and done that. Here is a peek at where I am at just incase you think I am not putting my time in :)

looking big , great job.

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
BIGENUFF said:

This is the way I want to look. Hopefully soon. :)
Awsome pics, bro.

smikey211

Mar 7, 2005
BIGENUFF said:

How in the hell do you juice and get your abs to look like that? Should I be running in the mornings or what?

smikey

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
big ass mofucker bro boy i wondt mind haven a bodyliek that this summer chicks would be on their knees all day lol

travis

Mar 10, 2005
Damn Big. I have to say that I can see both sides of it. You dont have to have muscles to do research on getting them. But am really impressed by the guys who practice what they preach. To each his own.