©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do I need Aromatase Inhibitor for simple TRT?

marper

Jun 19, 2011
I have found out through blood work that my total testosterone is 197 and my free test is 39. I am only 34 and this explains a lot of my problems over the last year. I am starting TRT my dose will be 250mg of sustanon every 10 days. With this dose will I need an AI? I don't here of doctors prescribing AI very often for TRT

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
The only way to know for sure is to run labs. Takes all the guessing out of it

He is technically right, but an AI is one of the only drugs I would recommend for anyone using any amount of hormone regularly without blood work. Quite simply, it can't hurt you and can only help you. 12mg of Aromasin daily, or 25 mg eod is the way to go.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
When I was 54, I was on 200 mg/wk TRT and found i didnt need anything else at all. When I upped the test on my own beyond 500, then yeah, I needed it.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I agree with Sully, it can't hurt. But don't over do it.

I myself like the idea of splitting your test dose into as many shots per week as you can handle. I believe that helps keep E2 in check.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
At 150mgs a week trt my estrogen was 3 times the normal range. So yes you will need an AI but i would go get blood work first. Its cheap and easy.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
The only time my e2 was normal was when i was injecting 15-20 mgs a day of test prop. Yes every day. This mimicked the bodys production the best. Estrogen came back 2 points below the high range.

Also if you use an AI, make sure its exemestane. Nothing else.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I am running 150mg a week of Test Enanthate for my trt, and recently began dividing it into 7 daily slin pinnings. I am going to get my blood work done this January and am curious to see where my estrogen is. I used to just shoot 1ml, 1x a week. I will be glad to let you guys know where I stand.

Last edited:

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
He is technically right, but an AI is one of the only drugs I would recommend for anyone using any amount of hormone regularly without blood work. Quite simply, it can't hurt you and can only help you. 12mg of Aromasin daily, or 25 mg eod is the way to go.

An AI can definitely hurt you. If you take one when its not needed, you will likely crash your E2 level. That's a miserable experience and is certainly not good for long term health.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
An AI can definitely hurt you. If you take one when its not needed, you will likely crash your E2 level. That's a miserable experience and is certainly not good for long term health.

Low dose aromasin on a daily or eod basis will not hurt anyone. Neither would Arimidex, although aromasin is the much better choice. If someone is dumb enough to use a regular or high dose of Letro to manage e2 while on low dose HRT, it's their own fault if they crash their estrogen and shit gets out of whack.

An AI, when used RESPONSIBLY, by an INTELLIGENT individual, is perfectly safe and poses almost zero risk, and can help prevent SERIOUS side effects from high estrogen caused by high levels of androgens and aromatase activity in the body. The potential short and long term side effects from high e2 can be permanent(gyno) and dangerous(increased risk of cancer), and are far worse than the potential sides from low e2.

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
Low dose aromasin on a daily or eod basis will not hurt anyone. Neither would Arimidex, although aromasin is the much better choice. If someone is dumb enough to use a regular or high dose of Letro to manage e2 while on low dose HRT, it's their own fault if they crash their estrogen and shit gets out of whack.

An AI, when used RESPONSIBLY, by an INTELLIGENT individual, is perfectly safe and poses almost zero risk, and can help prevent SERIOUS side effects from high estrogen caused by high levels of androgens and aromatase activity in the body. The potential short and long term side effects from high e2 can be permanent(gyno) and dangerous(increased risk of cancer), and are far worse than the potential sides from low e2.

I think that the obvious answer here is that bloodwork should be used to determine the need for an AI. Blindly taking one is a recipe for disaster.

For instance, my sensitive E2 was in the single digits while on 100mg of test cyp and 600iu of hCG per week. If I had taken an AI my E2 surely would have dropped to undetectable levels. Not everyone experiences elevated E2 on TRT, so regular bloodwork should be used to assess the need.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
lil sully is partially correct. I would refrain from using aromasin in eod dosing.
better to daily dose in lighter amount than 25 mg eod. that is a set up or a little up and down effect. that couple with sust 1x every ten days is a recipe
for unpleasant mood swings. good luck... T

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
I am running 150mg a week of Test Enanthate for my trt, and recently began dividing it into 7 daily slin pinnings. I am going to get my blood work done this January and am curious to see where my estrogen is. I used to just shoot 1ml, 1x a week. I will be glad to let you guys know where I stand.

I did This and my e2 came back Normal

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I see people saying Indo this I did that. But we have to all agree every body is different. What works for me might not work for you. And vis versa. We are all here to learn how to do stuff the safe way with minimal sides and risk to our health. The only proper reply is ask the doctor prescribing your trt. Or get a second opinion.

Lanbro

Feb 18, 2015
Would you need HCG when you are on TRT? Or would you use it just on a blast cycle, say 500mcg of Test and then not use it when you cruise at 125?

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I think that the obvious answer here is that bloodwork should be used to determine the need for an AI. Blindly taking one is a recipe for disaster.

For instance, my sensitive E2 was in the single digits while on 100mg of test cyp and 600iu of hCG per week. If I had taken an AI my E2 surely would have dropped to undetectable levels. Not everyone experiences elevated E2 on TRT, so regular bloodwork should be used to assess the need.

wow....when in the week would you inject the test and when would you inject the hcg?

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
Splitting up your weekly dose into ed shots is starting to become more popular for managing sides from trt. Even just 2x per week injections can significantly lower e2.